banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

digital v-amp/pod/j-station, etc. reccomendations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital v-amp/pod/j-station, etc. reccomendations...

so like in the other guys thread in the off topic board, ill be goin to college in sept. i wanna get something like v-amp/pod/j-station stuff cause i dont really need to bring a whole amp with me, especially my XXX (120w might get some noise complaints, not to mention hauling the thing into the dorm). so which of these kinda modeling things do you guys reccomend? i play mostly thrash metal and dont wanna spend much more than $200
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Re: digital v-amp/pod/j-station, etc. reccomendations...

well, i have a j-station. i think its the best for the buck. the pod has the best soudns, but with the station you can program thousands of different options including speakers, cabinets, and amps. also, many cool effects. also, you acn go to their website and download other peoples settings.

i like mine a lot, and i use it for noise complaints at home. hehe
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

You can program the POD, too. But it costs more than $200. The J-Station or the V-amp will fit the bill for the price range. I don't remember on the J-station, but the V-amp has a plastic housing and cheap jacks. Gotta be careful with it. The POD has a steel housing and reinforced jacks. Mine got knocked off its mount on a mic stand. I turned it off, turned it on, and it has never failed me. But it does cost more.
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

maybe i can get a used one for cheaper
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

you can do all that stuff with the Vamp2 also and you can find them for about 100
          '05 Gibson SG Standard
          '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
          PRS IRW McCarty
          '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
          82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

well, i got my j-station for $65, including manuel, cords, and software.
            peavey classic 30
            johnson j-station
            yamaha f-310p acoustic
            taylor 410 acoustic
            "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I have a J-station that I like. It's not the most amazing thing out there, but it gets the job done, is cheap and I'm pretty sure the casing is metal. It also has a SP/DIF output as well as the regular line level output which can be nice. I have the SP/DIF going to my computer speakers and the line out going to my sound card for recording. I hear they're getting pretty inexpensive now too. Either way if you're just looking for something to play silently with you'll probably be happy with any one of the ones you mentioned.

Comment

Try the digitech genesis 3.............they're great!

Comment

i own the pod 2.3 and use it as a headphone amp /recording tool. i love it. In my opinion, i felt the jstation was too bassy and could not get good sounds to my liking. I never played the Vamp2 but from what i hear it sounds good, comes with a floor board and is 125 new. You can tbeat that man. Behringer mkes good stuff too. So if money is no object look into pod or genesis. If it is( and it always is) check out the vamp2. But again, I have no direct experience with the vamp just hearsay. Use your own ears and budget to decide. OHHHHH I FORGOT!!! If money is absolutely no problem, the VOX tone lab with a real 12ax7 tube as an OUTPUT tube, is supposed to be the sweetest.Never tried it though.I have a pod!
                  If you are not weird , you're strange

Comment

I recommend the J-Station..Ive used mine live and for recording as well...great sound!
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have two J-Station's. They're great. Problem is, they're not made anymore and the company is, for all intent and purpose, defunct. Finding one could be a problem, but if you do, they sound great.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                        I have two J-Station's. They're great. Problem is, they're not made anymore and the company is, for all intent and purpose, defunct. Finding one could be a problem, but if you do, they sound great.
                        ebay has em
                        peavey classic 30
                        johnson j-station
                        yamaha f-310p acoustic
                        taylor 410 acoustic

Comment

yeah theres a bunch of em on ebay. in my price range too

Comment

Working...
                          X