Does This Exist ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does This Exist ?????

Does anyone make an outboard FX Loop, one that could be used with a JCM 800 2204, or any other amp without a loop ??? Just wonderin. It would be kinda cool to put modulation effects in the loop, that way they wouldn't have to go into the front of the amp.
    Only The Strong Survive

Re: Does This Exist ?????

Hey hey!

Boss and I think DOD makes Noise Gate pedals that have FX loops built into them for amps that don't have fx loops. They have input and output jacks, as well as send and return jacks for an fx loop. I think the noise gate would be between the guitar and the amp, so the fx loop would also be between. Well, that's my 2 cents.. Hope it help!

Daniel
    Last edited by dudeman08; 04-14-2004, 06:53 PM.
    Equipment: I have a Washburn WG228. a Peavey Studio Pro 112, a Digitech RP200, and a DOD Death Metal Distortion Pedal... My amp is new, I love it. I've been playing for about 3 years, I'm ok, but I'm not great. I'm good at rhythm guitar, but I couldn't solo if my life depended on it...

Comment

Well i think he is talking about an effects loop after the preamp. I think I have heard of mods being done to do that sort of stuff.

Comment

OOHH, after the preamp... Hmm... can't help ya there.. sorry!
        Equipment: I have a Washburn WG228. a Peavey Studio Pro 112, a Digitech RP200, and a DOD Death Metal Distortion Pedal... My amp is new, I love it. I've been playing for about 3 years, I'm ok, but I'm not great. I'm good at rhythm guitar, but I couldn't solo if my life depended on it...

Comment

Depending on the amp, it may be possible for a tech to mod it for an effects loop. It's not a particularly difficult thing to do, so any good tech should be able to handle that task.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

If I recall correctly, there was a device that was an external effects loop for amps that didn't have it. I think Gearjoneser had something similar, I'm not sure.
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

The primary reason for a Effects loop is to put the signal behind the
              preamp to keep things quite. I can't see how this could be done
              outside the amp??
              http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Yeah, I think you're right, that was a loop box... completely different.
                Originally posted by kevlar3000
                I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                Originally posted by Zerberus
                Better is often the enemy of good
                Originally posted by ginormous
                Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Well Boy's,...maybe we need to INVENT somethin !!!! I smell $$$$$ LOL
                  Only The Strong Survive

Comment

A pedalboard.com dual loop box is an essential stompbox for a guy with a lot of
                    "tonesucking" pedals. I use the left button to bring in my 2 Line 6 pedals, and the right button to send the signal to a tuner, with no return, so it's silent.
                    Live, it's great because I can have both Line 6's set up for some combined effects, and switch them in or out with one button that's in front on the pedalboard, while the Line 6's are situated in the back of the pedalboard. And I can tune quickly by hitting the right button, without any sound going to the amp.

As far as 59Paul's situation...the only option is to have a tech install an FX loop with a break between the pre and power section and two jacks on the back of the amp.
                    If you mod that Marshall 2204 with actual Marshall female jacks, it'll still look stock, but have a nice FX loop.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                    X