Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring a Les Paul with a Killswitch Poti

Hello,
    after I fell in love with Killswitches on guitars I want to get one for my SG. But without the need of drilling a hole.
    The kill trick with the toogle switch is too noisy (very much clicking) and I loose the option to change the pickup while playing.

If I put a killswitch poti as volume poti it would affect only one pickup and using two killswitches is impractical.

Any thoughts on this?

Years of owning a Gibson Guitar made me more of a luthier than a guitarist

Re: Wiring a Les Paul with a Killswitch Poti

You could either replace one of your pots with a momentary kill switch, but then you'd lose either a volume or tone control. You could also replace one of the pots with a push-push pot and use that as a master kill switch. I don't know how noisy it would be though.

I don't think their is an issue with using a kill switch for each pickup. If you go that way I'd assume you'd get used to it pretty quick.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Now that I think about it, if you did do one killpot per pot, in the middle position you could hit either switch and it would kill both pickups.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Ursupator View Post
        Hello,
        after I fell in love with Killswitches on guitars I want to get one for my SG. But without the need of drilling a hole.
        The kill trick with the toogle switch is too noisy (very much clicking) and I loose the option to change the pickup while playing.

If I put a killswitch poti as volume poti it would affect only one pickup and using two killswitches is impractical.

Any thoughts on this?
        I want a good kill switch that's thin enough to mount on the pick guard without drilling a hole into the body. Install it across from the bridge pickup. Anyone make a thin kill switch?

Comment

Tuner on pedal board?

Comment

Originally posted by Ursupator View Post
            Hello,

Any thoughts on this?
            You wouldn't by chance happen to be from Germany, would you?
            --------------------------------------------------------
            1973 Aria 551
            1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
            1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
            1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
            1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
            1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
            2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

A kill switch wires across the output jack. So it will mute the whole guitar. You could sacrifice one vol or one tone. Or, you could make one tone a dual-concentric and keep everything how it is. There's several ways to do this.

Comment

Working...
              X