Floyd Rose FRT-O2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose FRT-O2000

I am slightly confused as to weather this is a "real/official" floyd rose and where it stands compared to other floyd roses? Thanks

Floyd Rose FRT-O2000

It’s Korean made- it’s the one Floyd sells to guitar makers as OEM.

Same specs except for one issue :

Biggest complaint with them compared to a German Floyd is the threaded collar for the trem arm is wonky and loose compared to a German Floyd, but for $15 you can replace it with a German made collar, or the push in collar , which I’ve found to be the most stable

Comment

Re: Floyd Rose FRT-O2000

there on my evh
      tone slut
      Marshall DSL 40C
      Fender EVH Striped Series
      Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
      Fender Squier Tele Affinity
      Mogami cables

Comment

ah okay so not too different them, thanks

Comment

The Floyds goes as follows Original Floyd, FRT5000,2000,1000, Special. The Original Floyd is superior, and the subsequent models got inferior metal in their baseplates and cast saddles. Those other floyds are just dumbed down versions to sell to oem manufacturers to keep the price down.
          Sure you can "upgrade" them by interchanging OFR parts, but I really wouldnt. The FRT-2000's fine tuners felt like the threads werent cut good or they need oiled and worked loose a little bit... i didnt like that at all. Cant speak for its stay in tune-ness yet cause I didnt get that guitar home yet, but I already have an '88 OFR set aside to swap in its place...
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

IS it fairly easy to replace it with an origional floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Xandeeno View Post
              IS it fairly easy to replace it with an origional floyd?
              Not the specials,,,,,,,,,, but the others I believe do match-up (mount-post) with the German-OFR,,,,,costly upgrade if you buy one new though.
              Last edited by dave74; 10-27-2017, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Okay, its the frt-o2000 i have

Comment

Of course it's best to get measurements if possible. You don't want to mess with altering the mounting positions.

Comment

Working...
                  X