banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Tried a TBX With The High/Low Pass Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Tried a TBX With The High/Low Pass Mod?

So I'm overhauling the controls on my Fat Strat. I want to add a 500k Killpot and a TBX modded to operate as such:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tbx_bass-cut.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	5845944

My question is if there is a way to add a 1meg resistor so that it is only in the middle "no-load" part of the pot. I don't
    want it to be in the circuit anywhere other than at 5. Also, I'm trying to use a .022 cap as the treble cut and a .0022 cap as the bass cut. Does anyone have any experience with these values and how well the taper of the TBX pots work for them?

Hey 59..im about to experiment with this myself. Were you ever able to get it to work? Advice from your experiments would be much appreciated!
    “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

Originally posted by '59 View Post
      So I'm overhauling the controls on my Fat Strat. I want to add a 500k Killpot and a TBX modded to operate as such:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84766[/ATTACH]

My question is if there is a way to add a 1meg resistor so that it is only in the middle "no-load" part of the pot. I don't
      want it to be in the circuit anywhere other than at 5. Also, I'm trying to use a .022 cap as the treble cut and a .0022 cap as the bass cut. Does anyone have any experience with these values and how well the taper of the TBX pots work for them?
      I have that in my Yamaha PAC-303-12II along with a set of Red / Silver / Blue Lace Sensors. I went with .022uf for the treble cut because I find large values too dark. I have a 1000pf cap for the bass cut (same as Reverend uses) as I found 1500pf almost inaudible even at maximum cut. The modded TBX allows me to do the Rickenbacker bass cut thing on the neck pickup without having to deal with the varies Ric issues.

Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
      X