banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom wiring diagram help - 3 mini hums, 3 vol, 1 tone, 4 way switch - inc blower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom wiring diagram help - 3 mini hums, 3 vol, 1 tone, 4 way switch - inc blowe

Ok great - I'm sold. The 6 way free way switch is the one.

So I now have 6 positions:
    1 Neck
    2 Middle
    3 Bridge
    4 Bridge Middle
    5 Bridge Middle Neck
    6 Blower (Bridge)

And 4 Pots:
    1 Vol Bridge
    2 Vol Middle
    3 Vol Neck
    4 Tone

Assuming that set up is feasible, any assistance on the schematic is very welcome!

Thanks for your help - getting excited about this one...the more I think about the 6 way, the more I can't believe I overlooked it before. Those extra positions give so much more flexibility quickly on the guitar. Also makes it really easy to switch into a 'firebird I' position...i.e. just the bridge with vol and tone (rather than select bridge and middle on the 3 way then turn volume of middle off...)
    Last edited by MrCDubya; 03-28-2018, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Re: Custom wiring diagram help - 3 mini hums, 3 vol, 1 tone, 4 way switch - inc blowe

Originally posted by MrCDubya View Post

1 Neck
      2 Middle
      3 Bridge
      4 Bridge Middle
      5 Bridge Middle Neck
      6 Blower (Bridge)

And 4 Pots:
      1 Vol Bridge
      2 Vol Middle
      3 Vol Neck
      4 Tone

Assuming that set up is feasible, any assistance on the schematic is very welcome!

Thanks for your help - getting excited about this one...the more I think about the 6 way, the more I can't believe I overlooked it before. Those extra positions give so much more flexibility quickly on the guitar. Also makes it really easy to switch into a 'firebird I' position...i.e. just the bridge with vol and tone (rather than select bridge and middle on the 3 way then turn volume of middle off...)
      Sounds like a plan... unfortunately I'm swamped rest of week so if anyone wants to take a shot at go for it.

Otherwise I'll try to look at it next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
      What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Thanks mate - no worries. I just really appreciate the help!

Comment

1 Neck
          2 Middle
          3 Bridge
          4 Bridge Middle
          5 Bridge Middle Neck
          6 Blower (Bridge)

And 4 Pots:
          1 Vol Bridge
          2 Vol Middle
          3 Vol Neck
          4 Tone

FYI a blower can only be it's own switch, otherwise it's just a bridge pickup selector, not an on-demand addition of the bridge to whatever is currently selected.

Comment

Hey, other than blower does this get everything? I've got the blower circuit and should be easy to add.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              FYI a blower can only be it's own switch, otherwise it's just a bridge pickup selector, not an on-demand addition of the bridge to whatever is currently selected.
              That’s a real shame. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Just to be clear, you could put the blower on a push pull and combination with the 6 way should be rather simple.

Comment

Hi mate.

Yeah I saw these schematics too. It’s spot on although I prefer the switch positions in the first diagram that they offer.

As for the blower...I’m going to go for one switch like you see on a fender jaguar (and a tikibird) to make that happen rather than another switch.

Boom. Let’s make this happen...!

Comment

Custom wiring diagram help - 3 mini hums, 3 vol, 1 tone, 4 way switch - inc blower

Actually in need to correct myself on one point, while you still need a separate switch for a blower, I believe you need a DPDT on-on switch because a blower has to send the bridge to the jack while lifting the current pickup selection off the output jack.

Comment

Actually in need to correct myself on one point, while you still need a separate switch for a blower, I believe you need a DPDT on-on switch because a blower has to send the bridge to the jack while lifting the current pickup selection off the output jack.
                      Exactly correct-

Diagram for a blower with a jimmy page follows (turns out you helped with it's evolution)-
                      In this case, what I believe needs to happen is neck vol from the Jimmy Page diagram needs to be combined with the preferred 6 way diagram- Just like the Jimmy page, all of the build has to take place within the wiring that you see on the neck vol. All of the tone and volume connections are replaced by the 6 position diagram.

Assuming I'm correct, the diagram isn't difficult, I just don't have the time right now-

MrCW- Can you confirm which of the 6 position diagrams you want to use from their wiring site? That's the first step.

Last edited by zionstrat; 04-01-2018, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Ok this is awesome.

Here's the diagram for the 'standard' wiring:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	5806109

And a simple slide switch like this one to control the Blower on/off (if possible):

Thanks again.

Comment

MrCD-
                          I think this will work, but I need others to check-
                          I'm swamped, tax season- BeauBrummels, can you look it over?
                          Let me know if it works!
                          Mickey
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridge Blower for Freeway 3x3v2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	5806172

Comment

Originally posted by zionstrat View Post
                            MrCD-
                            I think this will work, but I need others to check-
                            I'm swamped, tax season- BeauBrummels, can you look it over?
                            Let me know if it works!
                            Mickey
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]88949[/ATTACH]
                            Seems like that would work, added to the previous freeway drawing.

Comment

Seems like that would work, added to the previous freeway drawing.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Amazing! Thanks so much for this guys. Much appreciated. I'll report back once it's done.

Might be a while as I started a project on an SG while we worked it out.

Thanks again and watch this space!

Comment

Working...
                                X