banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom wiring diagram help - 3 mini hums, 3 vol, 1 tone, 4 way switch - inc blower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom wiring diagram help - 3 mini hums, 3 vol, 1 tone, 4 way switch - inc blowe

Originally posted by MrCDubya View Post
    Amazing! Thanks so much for this guys. Much appreciated. I'll report back once it's done.

Might be a while as I started a project on an SG while we worked it out.

Thanks again and watch this space!
    Glad to help! SDUGs an incredible way to share info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

A lot of people helped me out on this post so thanks. I finished the project a long time ago and thought I'd post back the finished results if anyone's interested.

I went with the freeway 6 way switch. And although originally I went with the blower switch, I dropped it in the end. The 6 way gives plenty of versatility as it is and the extra blower slide switch in the pick guard was really fussy.

The 6 positions cured 3 issues with tradition Firebird VII wiring (NM-NMB-MB) for my liking:
      1. The middle pickup is always on unless you use the volume control which doesn't allow quick changing.
      2. Having either neck or bridge only is not quick to achieve - as above
      3. Having neck and bridge together is also not easy to switch quickly

Easiest way to cure the 2 issues above is to have traditional Les Paul wiring (N-NB-B) as well as the Firebird VII.

So I wired the 6 way switch with effectively 2 parallel 3 way switches. One of the parallel 3 ways is Les Paul wiring and the other Firebird VII.

With that - no real need for the blower switch as selecting the bridge only is dead easy. As is neck only. In fact the only position hard to select is middle only - which I can live with! So the switch works like this:

N NM
      NB NMB
      B MB

Images attached. I modified a Joe Bonamassa Treasure Firebird I for this project.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7812.png Views:	0 Size:	115.6 KB ID:	6071708
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7817.png Views:	0 Size:	122.4 KB ID:	6071709
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9924.png Views:	0 Size:	106.3 KB ID:	6071710
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9925.png Views:	0 Size:	107.1 KB ID:	6071711
      Last edited by MrCDubya; 04-08-2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X