Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kramer guitars... Love em.....

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Thank you for this, it is a good resource for me. I was confused in '86, too. Many looked similar, and a teenager like me couldn't tell the difference (which, I think was the point). I certainly have played plywood ones I didn't like. I do love the 'cut down' Strat bodies of the Barettas, though. I'd love for that body style to come back as a Warmoth thing.
    Check out KNE. They make Kramer style bodies.

Comment

I've seen people state that focus bodies were plywood but I've opened up several and never seen that. I think they might be confusing them with the strikers which are plywood.

I've never seen a non-plywood striker but if, there is one, that could almost be considered a "striker holy grail" just because it is rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Howlermonkey View Post
        I've seen people state that focus bodies were plywood but I've opened up several and never seen that. I think they might be confusing them with the strikers which are plywood.

I've never seen a non-plywood striker but if, there is one, that could almost be considered a "striker holy grail" just because it is rare.
        This is what my understanding is as well.
        Most Focus’ are alder and most Strikers are plywood.
        Of course, there are always exceptions but I haven’t seen one yet.

Comment

Ive never seen a solid wood Striker series but that what some of the pro's on the Kramer page are saying. I should've asked for pictures...
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

I have 2 MusicYo Kramer Strikers and 1 Kramer Baretta Infinity Sustainer. They're all nice guitars, with great necks and solid wood bodies. I replaced the Floyds on both of the Strikers and upgraded the pickups. I'm not gonna say they match the quality of the original Kramers, but they're rock solid, sound great, cost me like $230 brand new from MusicYo. Here's one:

Heem6
            www.HeavyMetalStrat.Proboards.com

3 Fender HM Strats * Mahogany Vandenberg w/Super Wizard neck * Kramer Baretta Infinity Sustainer * EVH B&W Replica * Mighty Mite Hard Ash Strat * 2 Hot Rodded Kramer Strikers * Custom-built Jackson San Dimas Clone * Damage Control Demonizer Tube Preamp * Lexicon MX200 Multi-Effects * Rockman Distortion Generator * Marshall DSL1-HR * VHT 1x12 Cab * Echoplex EP-1 * Ibanez Analog Delay * JOYO EQ Pedal

Comment

That's the Striker a buddy of mine has but in the cherry burst finish. Cool guitar. We put a Custom in the bridge, Pearly Gates in the neck and a APS-2 in the middle. New pots and switch, push/pull on the tone. I had to really work with the springs and adjustment of the Floyd to make it usable. The wood is solid, comfortable neck. Not bad work there. The shortcuts were all done in the electronics and hardware.

Comment

I bet your friend's guitar sounds fantastic! Yep - they are great, solid modding platforms. I had both of mine routed for "real" floyds, but life tip 101: a Schaller Floyd will drop in with no mods.
                Heem6
                www.HeavyMetalStrat.Proboards.com

3 Fender HM Strats * Mahogany Vandenberg w/Super Wizard neck * Kramer Baretta Infinity Sustainer * EVH B&W Replica * Mighty Mite Hard Ash Strat * 2 Hot Rodded Kramer Strikers * Custom-built Jackson San Dimas Clone * Damage Control Demonizer Tube Preamp * Lexicon MX200 Multi-Effects * Rockman Distortion Generator * Marshall DSL1-HR * VHT 1x12 Cab * Echoplex EP-1 * Ibanez Analog Delay * JOYO EQ Pedal

Comment

What has happened with the Kramer pricing on "reverb"?

I'm also wondering about all the "kramer scrappers" I saw a few years ago swapping necks and bodies around to put together the highest profit "package"?

I didn't keep up on that and wonder if it has has an effect on general quality of the instrument or whether it doesn't really matter?

Comment

“Uplander” has become the biggest parter of complete Kramer guitars these days and his prices aren’t quite “Alien Nation” insane but they are pretty exorbitant on bodies and necks.

Prices on Kramers other than Nightswan and Liberty models aren’t horrible if you are patient and look around. Still plenty of overpriced ones to be found of course.
                    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                    1988 Kramer Nightswan
                    1989 Charvel Sambora
                    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X