Clear All

Re: My custom string sets

Ya
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
      You guys are really gonna make fun of me but I can't decide between 49 and 50 as my 6th string lol. 49 is more balanced, doesn't bend the neck as asymmetrically, and is slinkier and makes chords ring cleaner. But 50 locks down the 6th string nice and solid. I'm decided on the other gauges. 10,13.5,17,26,36.
      I used to watch this show called Corner Gas. On one episode, the lead bought his aging parents a digital thermostat. The parents decide to set it to room temperature, then can't agree whether that's 71 or 72 degrees.

I'm trying to find the right F# string for my 27" scale Ibanez 8 string. It came with a 74, and I just swapped it for an 80. It's better, but I haven't really tweaked the setup, so I don't know that I'm done looking. Also just switched from a 59 to a 62 for the B on my 7 string RG.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

10,13.5,17,26,36,49 sounds terrif. The 49 sounds way better for some reason. The neck bow isn't as jacked up and chords ring out better and the feel is better and it's not as boomy.
        Last edited by Clint 55; 04-26-2019, 06:08 PM.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
        X