Upgraded my ESP LTD-213

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded my ESP LTD-213

I replaced the stock pickups with a set of DiMarzio Injectors (neck and bridge) and an Area 58 in the middle and added a treble bleed.

I replaced the stamped saddles and replaced the small trem block with a larger brass block from GFS. You can see the difference in the stock trem block and the new on in the pics. On a side note...if anyone knows where I can get a replacement cover for the back of the guitar let me know. When I bought this the cover was gone and I want to replace it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ST-213 block-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	5850464

Name:	ST-213 block-2.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	5850465

Name:	ST-213-1.jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	5850466

Name:	ST-213-2.jpg
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	5850467

Name:	ST-213-3.jpg
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	5850468

Re: Upgraded my ESP LTD-213

How did the new bridge parts change the unplugged tone?
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

just cut a piece of plastic that matches, in case the common strat ones available dont match this routing.

Comment

I have the same model and looking to change the bridge. How did the block changed the tone? What saddles did you put in the bridge?
        Looking also at the option to swap the full bridge for Fender Standard Vintage tremolo or a Super-Vee Bladerunner.
        Last edited by donaldr; 03-01-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Congrats on the mods, hope they got you where you wanted it to be.

On my 213A I went with a Hot Rails Bridge (switchable between series /parallel via a push/pull pot) and two Classic Stacks, with another push/pull to wire them in series.

For the trem I went with a Wilkinson, major upgrade considering the quality of the stock trem:

https://www.jhs.co.uk/brands/wilkins...me-steel-block
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I've been thinking about swopping my pups out for some injectors. What's your impression of them?
            "In the hair metal days, I didn't want to learn how to play guitar for the girls. I wanted to make noise and make people mad."

-James Hetfield

Comment

That's nicer looking ash than on a lot of MIA strats, and nicely center seamed.

Comment

Can't help with the plate, but that's a sweet looking Strat. I love that natural finish. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by toneking77 View Post
                  I've been thinking about swopping my pups out for some injectors. What's your impression of them?
                  Don't know about the Injectors, but I have a STK-S4 neck and STK-S7 bridge, no middle. Nice combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                    For the trem I went with a Wilkinson, major upgrade considering the quality of the stock trem:

https://www.jhs.co.uk/brands/wilkins...me-steel-block
                    Is the Wilkinson WVP6 direct replacement on the ST-213? On the guitar strings and screws spacing are 52.5mm and 52.5mm and the Wilkinson are 54mm and 56mm. Did you have to fill the old holds? Are the strings not too close to the edge of the fretboard?

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                      Is the Wilkinson WVP6 direct replacement on the ST-213? On the guitar strings and screws spacing are 52.5mm and 52.5mm and the Wilkinson are 54mm and 56mm. Did you have to fill the old holds? Are the strings not too close to the edge of the fretboard?
                      On mine the swap went smoothly. My tech did it for me, doing some filling of the holes, and no strings fretting out.
                      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Did it change the sound much compared to the Sung Il bridge? Would you go for a Gotoh/Wilkinson VSVG for $50 more? Is the ST-213 worth going for a Bladerunner?

Comment

Sounds fuller and more defined than the stock one, due to the chrome block.

I really don't like the look of the VSVG, so I can't hel you with that.

I did look at the Bladerunner, but since it cost as much as the guitar, which I bought new on a promo, really didn't find it to be a rational choice.

Comment

Hi! I have the same guitar and considering the block upgrade. Which one did you bought from gfs? I'm guessing that, it's the import one.

Comment

I love a good Strat upgrade! That big brass block looks great!! And I say leave that rear routing cover off, I hate having those covered.
                              ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                              2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                              Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Working...
                              X