banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incoming Ibanez day! (Damn you @Ascencion!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming Ibanez day! (Damn you @Ascencion!!!)

Ever since Ascencion posted his Ibanez score I’ve been gassing for one.
    Today I pulled the trigger on an RG 1570 Prestige on eBay. I’m actually pretty excited!

Re: Incoming Ibanez day! (Damn you @Ascencion!!!)

Good lord, that is sweet! Still on the way?

Comment

Incoming Ibanez day! (Damn you @Ascencion!!!)

Originally posted by Open lane View Post
      Good lord, that is sweet! Still on the way?
      Thanks!
      Yeah, I made payment but it hasn’t shipped as of yet.
      There’s a few small bumps and bruises but I’m fine with that. I buy them to be played , not dis-played. Lol

Comment

Nice. I love it.

Comment

I thought the paint job was pretty sweet.

Comment

Def is

Comment

I like the mirage black. But that Edge Pro is generally speaking a dealbreaker for those in the know. But at least it comes with a Liquifier.

Comment

It is my understanding that the Edge Pro was the pinnacle of Ibanez Floyds
                With the replaceable knife edges
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

That is one awesome paint job!
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Not the Edge Pro but Original Edge and Lo Pro Edge. There is a reason why Ibanez abandoned the Pro and returned to the Original.

Comment

great looking ibanez!

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                        I like the mirage black. But that Edge Pro is generally speaking a dealbreaker for those in the know. But at least it comes with a Liquifier.
                        It gets mixed reviews but from what I gather the biggest complaint is the non locking studs and a general stiffer feel.
                        My Kramer with an OFR has a pretty stiff action too so if the Pro is similar to that, I’ll be ok with it.

I’m not a heavy trem user so I’m not anticipating a big problem with it, but we will see how well it works once I get it.

That’s actually a D-Sonic in the bridge. I don’t know a whole lot about that pickup.

Comment

Edge Pro is OK, just be gentle on the "intonation" screws and when locking the strings at the bridge take your time to get the wrench in deep and as square as possible because the pro uses metal that's on the soft side and easily rounded.

Feel or stiffness of the trem's action is totally dependent on the string's total tension and spring format/settings.

Mine are holding up so far, after maybe 8-10 string changes each they still haven't stripped or snapped,,,,,,yet. lol
                          Tuning stability on my two edge-pros hasn't been any better or worse than my OFR guitars, again i think it's more in the setups.

I'd much rather they both have original edge, but these were absolute bargain local deals.

Anyone have any links or sources for which Ibanez bridges can be replaced by which and so forth. (without any modding)
                          Can any floyd versions be directly swapped into an edge-pro loaded guitar?
                          Can the original edge or other good Ibby bridge be swapped in hassle free?

Comment

Drop Sonic might be the closest Dimarzio to a Duncan Distortion,,,IMO. It's not quite as juicy though. More like a slightly drier DD.
                            You can always flip it around if you decide it needs a tad more beef. Might be better like it is in basswood though. (more definition)
                            Last edited by dave74; 01-11-2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                              Edge Pro is OK, just be gentle on the "intonation" screws and when locking the strings at the bridge take your time to get the wrench in deep and as square as possible because the pro uses metal that's on the soft side and easily rounded.

Feel or stiffness of the trem's action is totally dependent on the string's total tension and spring format/settings.

Mine are holding up so far, after maybe 8-10 string changes each they still haven't stripped or snapped,,,,,,yet. lol
                              Tuning stability on my two edge-pros hasn't been any better or worse than my OFR guitars, again i think it's more in the setups.

I'd much rather they both have original edge, but these were absolute bargain local deals.

Anyone have any links or sources for which Ibanez bridges can be replaced by which and so forth. (without any modding)
                              Can any floyd versions be directly swapped into an edge-pro loaded guitar?
                              Can the original edge or other good Ibby bridge be swapped in hassle free?
                              there was a cross reference table (matrix) on the ibanezforum some years ago but they seem to have dropped the whole site.

Comment

Working...
                              X