• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For The Fender MIJ Fans...

It appears you will have some new options:

Fender Made In Japan Models
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Re: For The Fender MIJ Fans...

Saw those released in Europe a few months ago. Great quality and price, but a little peeved they dont release the Hybrid strats and teles with the modern spec. I'm totally gassing for the Hybrid 60s in Sherwood green.
    'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Comment

Link don't work... but Fender site now lets you checkmark "Made in Japan Traditionals" in the guitar section.

$799 - $999 hmmm....

Most strats are listed as basswood (not quite so traditional) and have unnamed single coil pickups. The thinline Tele lists ash & Fender Widerange buckers though
      Last edited by Adieu; 01-20-2019, 09:35 PM.
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

link didnt work the first time. tried it again and Bam!!! Pretty suprised they are offering Japanese made ones.. Seems like would definately ding the US made market share..

I have an old MIJ Squire that is awesome!!
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Aren't MIJ Fenders in general vintage incorrect reissues made of basswood and cheap electronics, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
            Aren't MIJ Fenders in general vintage incorrect reissues made of basswood and cheap electronics, no?
            Some were, some weren't

Comment

Most MIJ Fenders I've played over the years have all been quite good overall, and felt quite well made. The one thing that has always bugged me with them is that they all have thin frets - as in thin gauge fret wire.. Even the 70's reissues have tiny little frets, when actual 70's made Fenders had gigantic fat Jumbo frets - which I really love. I'm talking of strats here primarily.

Just to nit-pick - I noticed that the current 70's reissue strat comes in surf green, which looks awesome, but I don't believe that was ever a stock colour in the 70's. Fender in the 70's had a downturn and trimmed its colour choices substantially, main colours were Black, White, Sunburst, and Natural. They later introduced a Walnut colour as well. I guess people in the 70's loved wood finishes, which explains all the bad furniture in my family's house when I was a kid in the 80's...

Comment

...boo-hoo. So what?

Want huge frets, buy a 20yo MIJ jackson shredstick

Comment

Nothing ground braking there, but I do like the midnight color scheme.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I want that 70s shell mustang so bad I started wondering if there's stuff I could sell
                    There's nothing I can let go at the moment

But glad they listen
                    I got in their Facebook several times asking for more vintage specs offsets and short of retooling their North American lines... Importing Japan is the best thing, plus in Japan they've loved the mustang since it came out. It is the right size for people with smaller hands/ bodies, sounds totally fender but also nicely different from their previous stuff

Thankfully Japanese mustangs will be around a while but that shell pink looks cool af to me.
                    Like an old Cadillac or Chevy or something. Eye catching but not super in your face like Aztec gold or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Comment

And yes they are often basswood or poplar

As far as mustangs go, I've played a few and never heard anything bad or anything that made me wish it was different body wood. They sound good so... If it ain't broke don't fix it?
                      But they've been doing them that way for a long time, perhaps I just got used to the mij basswood mustang sound and don't even know if I would like alder more or not lol.

Basswood gets a bad rep from cheap guitars sand for being easy to dent and have screws strip ... That's my only beef and those are minor

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to own a MIJ Mustang Special from the Pawn Shop series - was a great guitar, played well, felt great in the hands, build quality was great. I just couldn't get used to the short scale and thin frets so I moved it on. I'm 6' tall, kinda lanky...

I love those old 50's car colours too - shell pink, daphne blue, surf green - all awesome on Fenders. They look weird on Gibson guitars though...

Comment

I can't access the US site so I only see one guitar in the series...anyone got a screenshot? (I curse Fender site every-time there is a link to it as it throws me to the intl start page).

Also, MIJ Fenders rule, and I'd gladly put my HRR against any other!
                          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                            ...boo-hoo. So what?
                            There's that signature Adieu warmth we've all come to know and love.
                            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
                            X