Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Page teles are here!

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post
    I dig this one a lot! It has a Syd Barrett vibe to it.

Is there a signature Syd model? lol

Comment

Those are gross.

I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would buy one. Just find a lovely playing telecaster, put the pickups you like the sound of into it, and make it your own. For around 25 times less.

Paying more money for special features makes sense to me. Paying a little more money for a lovely looking wood finish makes sense to me. This is crazy.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The white and mirrored one are the same thing minus the finish, the mirrors, a bit of reliving, and a zero off the price tag.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I think you're all underestimating the HUGE tone potential of the mirrors.

I didn't say this in my OP but I'm a huge Page fan and I love teles. And I'm pretty underwhelmed with this.

Comment

Undoubtedly the price is through the roof, but these guitars are meant to be investments (that go up in value) or exhibit pieces (for those who have the $$$$$ to hang a Jimmy Page Tele in their homes as decor), not player guitars... even though they are undoubtedly playable.

Comment

A guitar is an instrument. It's not an investment or an exhibition piece. Using a guitar as either has never really sat right with me.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

the "artwork" is cheesy...the JP bit is ridiculous...but a Fender Telecaster is a $25,000+ guitar...if ya get what I mean...

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                  A guitar is an instrument. It's not an investment or an exhibition piece. Using a guitar as either has never really sat right with me.
                  Anything can be an investment or exhibition piece. A Stradivarius, an old pop-top beer can collection, an out-of-currency coin, a purple Marshall Plexi full stack from 1968. Type of object or price doesn't matter.

In this case, someone may be a huge Page fan with lots of money who keeps one of these in his "Page shrine" at home but uses regular Teles when playing out.

And, sentimentality brings in the bucks... people pay $$$ for items that remind them of their youth, their first girlfriend, the music of their teenage years, the beers they swilled the first time getting drunk, etc...

That's how people are.

Besides that, sounds like they are offering a "player" type guitar for $1,399.99. Totally reasonable.
                  Last edited by LLL; 01-25-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                    Totally agree man!

Guitars are meant to be played not tucked under your bed or in the closet, or hung on your wall as display pieces....however that being said, these are aimed at rich well to do business men not real musicians...

Kinda always rubbed me wrong that certain tribute or reissue guitars are priced well above and out of reach of real players and their real world value....as if we arent good enough and dont deserve them. You guys all know what Im saying there and Im sure you agree.

Want an investment, buy war bonds. Or take guitar lessons, thats a gift that keeps on giving.
                    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                      Totally agree man!

Guitars are meant to be played not tucked under your bed or in the closet, or hung on your wall as display pieces....however that being said, these are aimed at rich well to do business men not real musicians...

Kinda always rubbed me wrong that certain tribute or reissue guitars are priced well above and out of reach of real players and their real world value....as if we arent good enough and dont deserve them. You guys all know what Im saying there and Im sure you agree.

Want an investment, buy war bonds. Or take guitar lessons, thats a gift that keeps on giving.
                      I don't see that's "wrong". I've never thought that kind of expensive tribute and reissue guitars as serious plauers instruments anyway. They are too expensive for that so they are just display pieces first anyway.
                      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

probably perfect for getting that Herman's Hermits tone...

Comment

To me, the most interesting thing about this is that there is a new set of Fender Telecaster pickups. I wonder what they sound like, and if they will ever be sold separately.
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          Yogi Berra was correct.
                          Originally posted by JOLLY
                          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                            I think you're all underestimating the HUGE tone potential of the mirrors.

I didn't say this in my OP but I'm a huge Page fan and I love teles. And I'm pretty underwhelmed with this.
                            The mirrors reflect the sound much better for a shiny tone.

;>)/
                            Last edited by RorySquier; 01-25-2019, 02:00 PM.
                            sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                              Is there a signature Syd model? lol
                              I believe there is.

;>)/
                              sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

One can do as they please with their money, but my advice is to never buy a guitar as an investment.

I would hope that anyone who is that big of a Page fan would already one of the million dragon copies already in the market. Fender is about twenty years too late.
                                -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                                “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Working...
                                X