Dialing in the Dano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialing in the Dano

I've got this funky cool Dano '66 that I got last year and I really wasn't using it much becuse the stock dual lipsticks were way too squeally. I kept thinking I'd pot them or something because they sounded pretty cool but then I had a StagMag that needed a home. Well it seemed a pretty good match in theory so why not?

A little fussing and finding the right pickup surround paid off and now it is a beastly little guitar. The Stag splits off the p/p tone pot as did the stock pickup. Then of course I had to find a matching neck surround (plastic as opposed to the metal bridge version). I changed the knobs out, the funky stock spaceship knobs look great but are kind of useless. I swapped the positions of the tone pot and output jack to be a little easier to get the knobs, and I am likely going to sidejack this thing. Think I'll upgrade the bridge to something a little nicer before too long as well.

I love the guitar, it is light but very solid. It sounds and plays great and now that it is much more useable it's going to see some legit action.

Why aren't there more Stagmags used around here?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DANO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	5850812
    Last edited by Wattage; 02-22-2019, 10:50 PM.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Re: Dialing in the Dano

Originally posted by Wattage View Post

Why aren't there more Stagmags used around here?
    Good question! I think because it does 1 thing really well, but the tone with both coils isn't quite like a normal humbucker, so expectation usually isn't met. If you appreciate it for what it is, however, it works really well.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Re: Dialing in the Dano

I don’t really think of the stag as a one trick pony at all, kind of swiss army knife to me
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
      X