Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - ESP MII - JB/Jazz Content

Hi guys,

I think i'm getting a pretty good ESP addiction. Last Year I picked a really nice Eclipse in Quilted Marine Blue, it's hands down the best quality guitar I own........until this guy showed up!

Music Zoo in New York had a limited run E-II series MII in cobalt blue with Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz pickups. Maple through neck, alder body, quilted maple top, ebony fretboard, original floyd rose, reverse headstock, single volume, push-pull coil split. My perfect guitar. After i saw it online I kept looking to see if it was still available. I live in California, and thought it would be crazy to order a guitar unplayed from the other side of the states. The weeks went by. I kept thinking about the guitar. I think i dreamed about it a few times.

My bonus from work came in mid Feb and my wife says, James, you work hard, why don't you get that guitar you've been obsessing over.......I thought, well yes, yes i do work hard........so a quick call to Music Zoo and it was shipping out to me. I can't say enough great things about the Music Zoo folks. Totally smooth process and great after sales follow ups.

The guitar arrived in perfect condition and was pretty well set up, but my local guitar tech had it quickly dialed in exactly how i like. Gave it a detailed inspection too to check and it's in perfect condition. He was really complimentary about the attention to detail the ESP folks have in the construction.

The through body neck gives great access to the highest frets. The heel feels like it was molded for my hand. Unplugged it is really resonant and alive.

So plugged into my Mesa Triple Crown and cranked up to a metal tone she absolutely shreds. The body is lightweight and so resonant that you can feel the vibrations going through your body when playing. My first through neck guitar and the sustain is incredible. It's the first time i've used the JB Jazz combo and they are perfect. In the past I've used a JB 59, and really like each separately but always felt the mids pushed bridge to the bass pushed mid-scooped neck was slightly too much of a contrast for me on the same guitar. The JB and Jazz go together perfectly on this guitar. I really think ESP is one of the better guitar companies right now in terms of quality and these E-II series are a great balance of Japanese crafted quality without going up to custom shop prices.

Now i have the two ESPs, the Eclipse is thick and ballsy and brings the Thunder, and the M-II is alive, resonant and cuts through like Lightning. Yeah I know but I'm really into my Hammer of Thor analogies.

Posting some pictures. I'm not great at photos, but was trying to capture the finish in the light. Looks like some of them insist on getting uploaded in landscape but hopefully you get the idea. Alright, back to shredding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3411.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	5850863

Name:	IMG_3412.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	5850864

Name:	IMG_3413.jpg
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	5850865

Name:	IMG_3415.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	5850866

Re: NGD - ESP MII - JB/Jazz Content

Oh yeah, they also added luminous dot markers down the side of the neck so you can play in the dark, and it came with Schaller straplocks already fitted. I think all guitars you plan to play live should come with these.

Comment

I love it!!
      Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well that is one slick looking guitar! The top looks great and I love the ebony fret board. Your guitar looks simplistic with just one volume knob and no tone control which makes playing easier & more straightforward. I think tone controls are useless...they make your guitar sound like a muffled dog.

;>)/
          sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post
            Well that is one slick looking guitar! The top looks great and I love the ebony fret board. Your guitar looks simplistic with just one volume knob and no tone control which makes playing easier & more straightforward. I think tone controls are useless...they make your guitar sound like a muffled dog.

;>)/
            You’ll get flamed for saying that around here!!!
            Ha!

Couldn’t agree more though

Comment

That is just ti@s! Would LOVE to be able to give one of those a whirl!
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Want - want bad...
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Some sort of strap lock system should be on every guitar sold. It is amazing that in this day and age that companies put 30cent strap buttons on a $1000 guitar.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Man, that neck looks slick as hell. Great looking guitar!

Comment

That is really great looking!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys!

Been playing all week, and really enjoying things. It's my first guitar with a thru neck and an ebony fretboard. It's amazing to play, really smooth with perfect access to the high frets. My thumb doesn't hit any neck joint when reaching the upper frets. My other superstrats are bolt ons but moving forward, if I ever get another super strat style guitar, I'll get another through neck one. The ESP MIIs and Horizons are built that way. I think I've found my favorite guitar manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
                        X