NGD and an unexpected rebate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD and an unexpected rebate

I ordered a new Martin DC--18E from Musician's Friend a couple days ago and got it last night. Loved it, wrote a new song before bedtime. Woke up today and got an email that it was their stupid deal of the day, $1000 cheaper than it was when I bought it. A quick phone call and they knocked the charge down to today's price. Best part is that it still falls under their 48 month no interest financing. Now maybe I can write a song in a major key for a change

Re: NGD and an unexpected rebate

So pissed...tried to get one and they sold out! Dammit!

Grrrrrrrr...

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
      So pissed...tried to get one and they sold out! Dammit!

Grrrrrrrr...

Bill
      Yeah, I see they switched to the OMC-18E tonight. I want to say there were six or seven serial numbers to pick from the other day, they didn't have a ton of inventory.

Comment

Uuuuummmmmm dang!

Almost bought a special run zebrawood backed Martin today
        The tech who does my setups is closing the brick and mortar

Super deal the Martin

Just couldn't justify it
        So many guitars
        So little room
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
          So many guitars
          So little room
          +1
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Awesome score! Congrats!
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I saw that Stupid Deal the other day. I deleted it instantly. Too tempting. I need to buy another guitar like I need a couple MORE holes in my head.

I actually DID buy a new guitar a little while ago (yeah, I'm crazy)...a Jackson Pro Soloist. 50 years of playing and buying (and making) guitars, and I never have even played one with a Floyd. So I felt I just "needed" one. Just for the heck of it.

But congrats on your new Martin and especially the unexpected $1000 refund. Now you can buy another guitar!
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
              X