RIP Dick Dale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Dick Dale

The King of Surf Guitar himself joins us for an evening of insight, dialogue and music. Be sure to check out all of our Guitar Center Sessions videos!

Re: RIP Dick Dale

Click bait.....
    Insert witty signature here so people on the internet will think I'm cool....

Comment

Originally posted by Jr_vw2 View Post
      Click bait.....
      How so?

He's dead

Comment

Right I realize that now....didnt catch that from your post.
        Insert witty signature here so people on the internet will think I'm cool....

Comment

R.I.P.

He's the reason I picked up the guitar (I was already a bassist for several years before ever delving in to guitar).

He was a crazy old coot...but man, that tone was untouchable. Best guitar tone ever, hands down.

And it's his input to Leo Fender that gave us the high-wattage stack, and using extreme volume as a tool. He was a trailblazer in using the extremes of guitar intensity for musical effect – incredibly influential on heavy rock music and eventually metal.

R.I.P. again!
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Rest well
            I thought his guitar sounded cool. Must have been cool to hear things like miserlou when it came out. I like the heavy reverb, the strats, and did he not play with like the strings upside down or whatever?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Comment

May his memory be eternal.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X