Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience? Replacement Fender necks

Hi all,

I’ve got an American Standard with a neck that’s gone way south and beyond repair. Does anyone have experience with recent American Fender replacement necks? They read “pre slotted nut”. How close to bolt on and play are these? Is the factory fret work reasonable or am I looking at a fret dresss and polish before I get going? Just seeing what I’m in for when I order one.

Thanks!

Re: Experience? Replacement Fender necks

They are pretty nice. If you're interested, I have an American Standard maple neck in a box some client ordered and then didn't want it once it came in.... PM me for a good deal.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I do, I have a great 70s CBS Strat reissue neck direct from Fender -fit perfect

Was done right.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Warmoth is less $ more options and a better neck IMO that the factory Fenders.
        Have thought seriously about dropping a neck on my 99 MIM strat with a set of med jumbo stainless frets and a compound radius. It's less $ than the factory Fender ready to drop on with the nut a satin Nitro finish and the stainless frets included. IMO overall quality is not even close.
        Check the in stock list for some really great deals.
        Like this one specked out like I would want it.
        Last edited by Ascension; 03-18-2019, 06:10 PM.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinProf View Post
          Hi all,

I’ve got an American Standard with a neck that’s gone way south and beyond repair. Does anyone have experience with recent American Fender replacement necks? They read “pre slotted nut”. How close to bolt on and play are these? Is the factory fret work reasonable or am I looking at a fret dresss and polish before I get going? Just seeing what I’m in for when I order one.

Thanks!
          What's wrong with the current neck?
          "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Thanks for the offer on the 70’s neck but ICTGoober had a great soloution at a terrific price, good guy if he has anything else you might need too.

This neck was totally screwed, when the rod was maxed it was still hugely bowed, frets were beyond done, weird lift in the fingerboard from the 18th fret up. Started with a frozen truss rod nut when it wouldn’t play well and went to hell in a hurry.

Looking forward to the new neck and getting this one back to how she was in her glory days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
              Warmoth is less $ more options and a better neck IMO that the factory Fenders.
              Have thought seriously about dropping a neck on my 99 MIM strat with a set of med jumbo stainless frets and a compound radius. It's less $ than the factory Fender ready to drop on with the nut a satin Nitro finish and the stainless frets included. IMO overall quality is not even close.
              Check the in stock list for some really great deals.
              Like this one specked out like I would want it.
              http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/Show...e=4&i=VMS15092
              No argument here -Warmoth has amazing options and fantastic quality work -more often superior to OEM Fender options. A huge advantage in my mind is the Neck profile options -like asymetrical, finishes and performance truss options.

The only problem is reselling -most buyers are uncomfortable with a blank headstock -it's just reality -even being licensed from Fender, they don't have official decal. Whereas a very educated and quality conscious buyer who was buying it to play often wouldn't care -the reality is more buyers would be concerned with this.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Totally agree that Warmouth makes some great stuff. The only thing that made me rule them out is that I’m teaching my son to play and he like this Strat... he thinks the CS 69 pickups let him hear his mistakes more clearly. Being that I wrote a scientific software suite that was totally plagiarized and I’m litigating it... I don’t want to come off as a huge hypocrite.

Otherwise I’d totally go Warmouth

Comment

Neck is on the way, Martin.
                  aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Fantastic!

I appreciate it a lot.

Martin

Comment

Working...