HHx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHx

HHx warmoth strats are doin hella good!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HHx3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	5851157

Click image for larger version

Name:	HHx2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	5851158

A9 Distortion neck/Full Shred neck double thick A8 Distortion/Custom

A5/A6 Phat Cat bridge double thick A8 JB/Super D
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Re: HHx

Needs more chorus.

Comment

What I need more of are Cobain/Gilmour/Tweedy/McCartney songwriting skills.
      I bought them for you

Comment

we could all use a little more of that.

cool guitar. andy fairweather low played a hhx strat for a while but his bridge bucker wasnt slanted

Comment

Thx. Andy Fairweather Low huh? It's a good pickup combo.
          I bought them for you

Comment

I'm gonna start working on expanding my middle humbucker guitar collection sooner or later. What types of humbuckers do you find work the best in the middle? I like P90s in the middle, but I'm trying to look at humbuckers I'm that spot now.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Cool. Yeah a mid hb is a great sound. I'd say anything would work except for hot bridge humbuckers which I think are unnecessary. For me, something a little hotter than vintage is working well with a little more punch but not too hot to either be compressed or out of balance with the bridge. My Phat Cat bridge is 8.5k and my Distortion neck/Full Shred neck is 9.6k. So I'd say medium to low medium output works great. Regular vintage output will work fine also probably if you're balancing with a medium output in the bridge. Full hot output bridge pups are unnecessary I think.
              I bought them for you

Comment

I like the look, but it would get in the way of the pick and my hybrid picking fingers. On my Strat, I lower the middle pickup flush with the pickguard, so it is just a weird personal quirk.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

But it's missing a neck pickup . . . the best sound that a guitar makes!
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                    This is true for me, too- I have no use for a guitar without a neck pickup. But I get it that many never touch the neck pickup, and like the middle more.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Vivian approved.

;>)/
                      sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

If you slant the bridge humbucker you can get the Eddie brown sound tone ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                          If you slant the bridge humbucker you can get the Eddie brown sound tone ya know.
                          Speaking of brown sound...

;>)/
                          sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                            Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            This is true for me, too- I have no use for a guitar without a neck pickup. But I get it that many never touch the neck pickup, and like the middle more.
                            I play traditional jazz so I have a neck humbucker only strat with an A5 59 with A2 spacers. Playing a neck humbucker always puts me in jazz mode and I try to distinguish my jazz playing from my rock playing. Plus I don't like the giant contrast between neck and bridge so I don't like HH. I've tried other pickup combos and didn't like them that much SSS, HSS, HSH, HS. I think I've had it with singles because true scs are way too bluesy for me and overdoes it since I'm always noodling blues. I don't like single coil size humbuckers cuz the sound quality isn't good enough for me. I had an HHH pickguard but that's way too much shet goin on. So HHx is the best pickup combo for me where the ax has 1 personality but can do several styles well... unless I'm playing trad jazz and I pick up my neck hb ax dialed for jazz.
                            Last edited by Clint 55; 04-05-2019, 08:25 PM.
                            I bought them for you

Comment

If you play that Distortion/JB in series do yourself a favor and get strap locks or at the very least make sure you have your thumb wrapped around that low-E.
                              87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X