Clear All

Re: HHx

What about xxH?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190916-090528_Instagram.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	5817049

But seriously, I've been meaning to get around to CNC-ing a Nightswan body for a P90/humbucker combo. The only issue is I haven't gotten around to making the file. I was thinking about some sort of scan CAD, but I've yet to get a hold of a body for it.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

The EVH one pickup thing is kind of funny. He ran guitars like that for a little over 10 years, all the while still using an Ibanez with a Les Paul setup.

Since the early 90s, he's been using HH guitars, some even with a tone knob. When asked about why he started using a neck pickup, he said the original home made ones only didn't have it because he couldn't get the switching to work properly. Of course, before that he said they had one pickup because it was hard to get the amp set for both pickups to sound good, which all of us with multiple pickup guitars know is total bull****.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
        The EVH one pickup thing is kind of funny. He ran guitars like that for a little over 10 years, all the while still using an Ibanez with a Les Paul setup.

Since the early 90s, he's been using HH guitars, some even with a tone knob. When asked about why he started using a neck pickup, he said the original home made ones only didn't have it because he couldn't get the switching to work properly. Of course, before that he said they had one pickup because it was hard to get the amp set for both pickups to sound good, which all of us with multiple pickup guitars know is total bull****.
        I kinda agree with him. It's hard to get an amp set to sound perfect with both the neck and bridge pickup . . . there's usually a little compromise one way or the other.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

^ WHICH IS WHY I USE A MID YOU MISCREANT.
          The things that you wanted
          I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
            What about xxH?
            I have one. It's pictured on the 1st page.
            I bought them for you

Comment

XXH is only acceptable on a jazz box. :P
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I can't play a box. My jazz strat has the tone.
                I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                  I kinda agree with him. It's hard to get an amp set to sound perfect with both the neck and bridge pickup . . . there's usually a little compromise one way or the other.
                  With a Strat or Tele, wire the tone knob to only affect the bridge pickup. Dial in a clear neck tone, take the edge off the bridge with the tone. With humbuckers, just get the right pickups.
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Some toanz on the rear route. I'm real happy with it. It came out how I wanted, super stratty but classic. I'm also really happy with my new mic the md421. Finally happy with my recording setup with the apollo twin. The recorded sound sounds like my sound and not like straight balls anymore. And trolls were telling me I just had to stick the mic in front of the amp right with my pos gear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear route.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	5817052
                    Last edited by Clint 55; 09-17-2019, 10:19 AM.
                    I bought them for you

Comment

md421 is one of my favorite mics for guitars. i like that ax too, gonna put a finish on it?

Comment

Thx. I thought about staining them since that probably wouldn't change the sound. It's just more work though. I read in the mic thread that you and others like the 421 and I know that you know what you're talking about so I chose it.
                        I bought them for you

Comment

cool, glad you like the mic! i have an esquire that i didnt put a finish on. its developed quite the patina over the years so if your thinkin of finishing it, better to do it sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
                          X