Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adding a Neck Angle

Originally posted by A_Cold_1 View Post
    No router... just some chisels, files and a rasp, a saw, sandpaper and an old 12v drill... Doesn’t sound like a lot but I’m pretty sure I can get it done
    OK, this has got me very confused. How can you possibly build a guitar from scratch without a router? How can you cut the neck pocket? The control cavity? the pickup "routs"? Even the body shape?!

Are you actually building from "scratch" or a kit?

I'm not saying that you CAN'T build one from scratch with the tools you have, but you'd be slightly insane to try.
    Last edited by GuitarDoc; 05-03-2019, 06:56 AM.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      OK, this has got me very confused. How can you possibly build a guitar from scratch without a router? How can you cut the neck pocket? The control cavity? the pickup "routs"? Even the body shape?!

Are you actually building from "scratch" or a kit?

I'm not saying that you CAN'T build one from scratch with the tools you have, but you'd be slightly insane to try.
      And this, I think, is why I seem confused to you: we are BOTH confused! I assumed from the original post that he is building a neck from scratch ("I am building a guitar for myself FROM SCRATCH..."), you assumed he is using a neck that is already built. From that point on we were talking past each other. Based on the post you just quoted I think it is more likely you are correct. I assumed "from scratch" meant from pieces of lumber, but surely that's not the case with just those tools and apparent inexperience?

So...SHIM!

Comment

Good input on shims vs changing pocket angle. Much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
        What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Working...
        X