banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me with my Shred Congnitive Bias -is this the worst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with my Shred Congnitive Bias -is this the worst?

Ive been trying to improve my own cultural and personal cognitive bias with self awareness study.

This Vinny Vicent video was posted earlier this week ... to which I believe its the worst instructional shred video that I have ever witnessed. The scales, the phrasing, the guitar tone.... all horrible on my scale of epic ****ness

Now comes the personal improvement part, i need external analysis of this shred video... and it you believe its not the worst.... plz post the example of what is a greater offender of pooping from a guitar... and if you think it's a good video (which hey, i could be wrong) -please tell me why, so I can reallign with the world and improve my disposition

Also, im on Gogo wifi on an airplane (Youtube blocked) -so I cant see if the video posted correct until I land... plz let me know if not

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Re: Help me with my Shred Congnitive Bias -is this the worst?

Haha Im not a fan of VV and never was and Im not watching that video but I can only imagine...

You need to google Curt Mitchell, that dude takes the win! So cheesy and such a dummmmass..
    Doug Marks wasn't too much better.
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Im a diehard KISS fan but VV is a tool.

Michael Angelo Batio is a bigger tool.
      1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400
      Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
        Haha Im not a fan of VV and never was and Im not watching that video but I can only imagine...

You need to google Curt Mitchell, that dude takes the win! So cheesy and such a dummmmass..
        Doug Marks wasn't too much better.
        Thanks, will check out the guitar poop!
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Its so horrible. I actually think I have a vhs tape from 1992 maybe?? that's Curt Mitchell doing "In the style of" Randy Rhoads and he dresses up like him and everything if im not mistaken. I think he did that on a couple of his videos but I may be wrong. Its been a long time and im not a fan so nothing really etched itself into my memory aside from do not be that guy.
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Its so horrible. I actually think I have a vhs tape from 1992 maybe?? that's Curt Mitchell doing "In the style of" Randy Rhoads and he dresses up like him and everything if im not mistaken. I think he did that on a couple of his videos but I may be wrong. Its been a long time and im not a fan so nothing really etched itself into my memory aside from do not be that guy.
            Oh damn... it sounds like a must see now������

Comment

Found it! and skip to the end to see Randy in action.

Comment

I watched about 30 seconds and noticed he doesn't use his pinky. Good grief.

Comment

The VV is video is pretty low on the “must see” shred vids.
                  Paul Gilbert, Vinnie Moore, John Petrucci just to name a few.

Comment

Found it! and skip to the end to see Randy in action.
                    Granted -very bad. His fingers are weird too -like a begining bass player henpecking - But at least hes not playing WAY WAY over his ability like VVd wank off shred video.

Thanks for sharing.

Definitely on the very poopy list

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                      The VV is video is pretty low on the “must see” shred vids.
                      Paul Gilbert, Vinnie Moore, John Petrucci just to name a few.
                      Wait, I think our NegativeEase brother was looking for worse videos, not better, you can't put those guys in the same box as VV!

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                        Wait, I think our NegativeEase brother was looking for worse videos, not better, you can't put those guys in the same box as VV!
                        Man, I am just letting the forum down left and right this week.
                        [emoji3525]
                        My apologies...

Comment

LOL, no worries.

Comment

I haven't watched the whole VV vid yet, just the intro, but I really like it! That's like a really cool sound to me. The rhythms are great and shreddy and I like his harmonic concept too. Not joking! It's minor and pentatonic based. I'm sure there are more devices obviously but it all works together for that grungy sound that I love. That's outstanding playing man. If you don't like it, ok. But the worst? Come on. I don't know about that.
                            The things that you wanted
                            I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                              haha. awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X