Pretty cool idea's & design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty cool idea's & design

Just came across this ...& like it or not there's some cool new idea's here.

Not really my thing aesthetically..but I could probably rock one with a different colour/finish. Sadly it's way out of my league price wise..so that's pretty much a non-issue actually

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Pretty cool idea's & design

Big ball of meh from me... for me its a solution looking for a problem wrapped in a ugly wrapper.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

I actually like it. But it's more like a technological toy than a viable instrument. Still, if I won the lottery, I might snag one.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
        Big ball of meh from me... for me its a solution looking for a problem wrapped in a ugly wrapper.

..to each their own. Personally, while I have no gas whatsoever for this axe (mostly 'cause of the price tag ), I do think it's nice that there's bit of real innovation & some actual new ideas which have gone in there for a change that (somewhat) justify's the stiff price tag rather than the usual strat/superstrat/Les Paul rip-off with an exotic wood top/'hand-polished' frets & similar price tag.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
          ..to each their own. Personally, while I have no gas whatsoever for this axe (mostly 'cause of the price tag ), I do think it's nice that there's bit of real innovation & some actual new ideas which have gone in there for a change that (somewhat) justify's the stiff price tag rather than the usual strat/superstrat/Les Paul rip-off with an exotic wood top/'hand-polished' frets & similar price tag.
          in my mind its innovation for the sake of innovation not to solve an actual issue. Guitar players arent stifled cause they cant hot swap pickups. Something like the evertune was an actual innovation. I think people forget that Gibson solved this particular problem 30 years ago with the push tone Les Paul and did it without having to add a heavy aluminum center piece to the guitar. But even then it wasnt sold as a normal guitar it was sold to dealers as a pickup demonstrater. I can say for myself I never have that need of swapping pickups on the fly. If im having tone issues recording its probably the whole guitar that needs to be swapped not just the pickups and if it is the pickups im never in a situation that the 30 minutes to swap a pup the old way is a problem.

Even this guitar only solves the issue to an extent, being you need the pups mounted in the connector ring, something they alluded to the factory having to do you will wind up with only 2 or 3 sets for that guitar. I'm sure more could be purchased, for even more money. That would be the height of inconvenient though, having to send a set of pups to switzerland and wait for them to be mounted and returned to me.

To me real innovation would be enhancing the players experience in a significant way. This is a minor convenience enhancement. Maybe for the guy who swaps pups constantly its a toy to play with but as a game changer its not.
          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Yeah, I get your point & yeah..it's not game-changing innovation, I'll grant you that, but at the same time it's nice to see a company trying any innovation at all, 'cause let's face it things have been pretty stagnant the last 20 years or so..

Overall it's a pretty radical way to put a guitar together as far as the design is concerned (in an age where even aesthetics don't change) & there's an added element of convenience...so yeah not earth shakingingly radical..but at least a breath of fresh air... (albeit a pretty expensive one )

Youtube

Comment

If it leads to people re-designing parts of an electric guitar, I am all for it. At this point, there should be a lot more innovations going on in the industry- or even, if not true innovations, separating why we do things from tradition. There are lots of aspects of an electric guitar that could re re-examined these days.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X