Guitar shipping recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar shipping recommendations

Hi, I have to ship my guitar to ESP for a repair under warranty, it is a long trip from PA to CA so I was looking for a safe way to ship it.

I have 2 cases but I remember ESP actually shipped one of my guitars just in a cardboard box with Styrofoam inserts and a neck support which seemed pretty secure IMO. My ESP case is a little heavy and the other one too flimsy, also the guitar will move a little bit inside, I can put some packaging stuff to keep it more secure but I was wondering if you guys have other recommendations. Thank you!

Re: Guitar shipping recommendations

First questions: what's wrong with the guitar, how much is shipping and could the work be done locally not under warranty but for about or less than the cost of shipping?

Shipping is mostly about the neck. Keep it supported. But depending on the repair and if it's a bolt on ...does the neck even need to make the trip?

Food for thought.

Comment

An idea is to go to a local music store and see if they will sell/give you a shipping box that has the styro supports in there.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

What Mincer said.
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

On YouTube
          Troglys Guitar has a couple of packing videos

Lots of bubble wrap

Like MINCER said
          A proper box will help

Purchase one from Amazon
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
          X