Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Nashville Tele . . . who has one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Nashville Tele . . . who has one ?

Any Forum Members here who owns a Nashville Tele ?

If so, feel free to post some images of your 3 pick up Tele.Click image for larger version

Name:	tele 3 x Fender-Deluxe-Nashville-Telecaster-in-Blonde-Noiseless-Pickups-Image-3_1400x.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	5851424

Do you use the no. '2' & '4' pos. alot ?

Any info would be great . . .
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: Fender Nashville Tele . . . who has one ?

I used to borrow a friend of mine's, and I didn't like it at all. It actually turned me off Telecasters until I got to play a traditional, 2-pickup Tele. It played decently, but I did not like the way it sounded at all. I did use positions 2 & 4 occasionally, but the only two positions I liked were the neck and bridge, more the bridge. If I had a switch that would let me turn the middle pickup off/out of the circuit, I probably would have liked it a lot more.

Just my opinion, but I prefer 2 pickup Tele-styled guitars over 3 pickups any day.

Comment

I used to have one, but I rewired to Humbucker in neck and Tele bridge. The middle pup was what you'd expect from a middle "strat" pup. The guitar was top-notch IMO.
      -=The Dali
      --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

If I had a Nashville Tele Id do either:

-MegaSwitch / SuperSwitch: Neck / Neck&Middle / Neck&Bridge / Middle&Bridge / Bridge
        -Brent Mason style: Traditional Tele Plus middle blend
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I once fiddled around with a Nashville Tele configuration except I too did the neck humbucker thing. I put a 59b in the neck, a 5-2 in the middle, and a Jerry Donahue in the bridge. It was wired the same as normal Tele but with the neck splitting in position 2. It was pretty cool, but later I decided to go the other way and Esquire it.
          If I only had a dollar for every song I've sung
          every time I had to play while people sat there drunk,

Comment

. . . mmmmm, these are not very popular i see.

Thanks guys . . . keep those post coming.
            Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              If I had a Nashville Tele I’d do either:

-MegaSwitch / SuperSwitch: Neck / Neck&Middle / Neck&Bridge / Middle&Bridge / Bridge
              I have a Nashville and went with the Super Switch to allow a neck/bridge combination like a normal two pickup Tele.
              I didn't care for the middle pickup by itself, so never used that position on the stock 5 way.
              The 2 and 4 positions aren't exact Strat sounds, but pretty close in a pinch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	5814178

Comment

Originally posted by 64 Tele View Post
                I have a Nashville and went with the Super Switch to allow a neck/bridge combination like a normal two pickup Tele.
                I didn't care for the middle pickup by itself, so never used that position on the stock 5 way.
                The 2 and 4 positions aren't exact Strat sounds, but pretty close in a pinch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98461[/ATTACH]
                Would you say the 'no2' pos. is a 'beefier/meatier' sound than just the bridge pick up by its' self ?

Comment

Position 2 (bridge/middle) is pretty much where I stay on this guitar. I'd had a two pickup Tele before with a SD Broadcaster, and
                  this one on two is a little fatter, little less treble bite than a bridge pickup sound.

Comment

I had one years ago and liked it a lot. I had it loaded with an STL-1 bridge and SSL-1 middle. The neck pickup I changed a lot, it was an SSL-1 for a while, but other times it was an SM-1 Mini humbucker. The 2 position wasn’t exactly the same as a Strat but it was in the ballpark.

Though I liked the sounds, I ultimately sold it because the middle pickup got in the way of my admittedly unsophisticated picking technique.

Last edited by Rich_S; 05-23-2019, 08:33 AM.
                    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                      Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
                      . . . but other times it was an SM-1 Mini humbucker.
                      I'm working on that project now. I have all the parts. My stumbling block is mustering up the courage to route out that middle position on my beautiful new blue Tele.

Comment

Big fan, one of the best platforms for a do everything gig guitar... Those with piezos provide even more flexibility however, as mentioned before, have routed many a tele for a firebird neck... Far more versatile than stock Tele from my pov.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                        What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by zionstrat View Post
                          . . . as mentioned before, have routed many a tele for a firebird neck . . .
                          Hey zion: what tool do you use for guitar routing? I mean, do you use a full size router, or something smaller like a Rotozip or Dremel? Do you use a template/guide?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                            Hey zion: what tool do you use for guitar routing? I mean, do you use a full size router, or something smaller like a Rotozip or Dremel? Do you use a template/guide?

Thanks.

I got this one for my birthday (from my father) a few years ago.
                            Never used it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mouse router 1.JPG
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	5814214

Comment

A master tone drives me nuts on a three pickup guitar. It's bad enough on a two pickup one, but on a three pickup one, it's a real big drag. It's my #1 annoyance with my G&L Legacys.
                              Originally posted by LesStrat
                              Yogi Berra was correct.
                              Originally posted by JOLLY
                              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X