The Burning White Stratocaster...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Burning White Stratocaster...

I got this guitar off some British dude living in Toronto. It's a Partscaster with a Squier body and a Fender neck. Brass nut and a Seymour Duncan SSL-3 Alnico V in the bridge position I put in myself. The neck is birds-eye maple and the fretboard has a nice wear to it. The guitar had a little fire accident by the bridge. But as Bob Ross would say "It's a happy accident".

Click image for larger version

Name:	169.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	5851921

Name:	170.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	5851922

Name:	IMG099.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	5851923

Name:	IMG102.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	5851924

Name:	IMG114.jpg
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	5851925

;>)/
    sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Re: The Burning White Stratocaster...

Oozes Mojo...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

There has to be a good story here...how does a guitar have a 'fire accident', and not burn up the whole guitar?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

love the ssl3 in the bridge! guitar looks awesome man

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          There has to be a good story here...how does a guitar have a 'fire accident', and not burn up the whole guitar?
          It was a little campfire incident that was quickly extinguished from what the guy told me. I've had a similar incident but with a bullet proof case I have from my classical guitar. It didn't catch on fire but the intense heat deformed the case a bit but it still opens and closes without no problems.

;>)/

Comment

This is the type of relicing I can get on board with.

Comment

That is a better story than 'I bought it from a guy who thought Hendrix was cool'.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post
                It was a little campfire incident that was quickly extinguished from what the guy told me. I've had a similar incident but with a bullet proof case I have from my classical guitar. It didn't catch on fire but the intense heat deformed the case a bit but it still opens and closes without no problems.

;>)/
                I'd rock any guitar that was birthed from a guy willing to jam an electric around a campfire.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Just tell people it used to be Hendrix's . -thus the fire damage
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

;>)/

Comment

Freaking gorgeous maple in that neck!

Bill
                      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

A guitar catches fire, you just throw the rest of your beer on it. Easy Peazy.....
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Come to think of it I believe the guy did use beer to put out the fire...there's always alcohol at campfires.

;>)/

Comment

That guitar has some serious character, nice!
                            *******Please check out some of my songs:
                            https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/de...bandid=1430296

Comment

Nice for the price I'm sure! Definitely a homemade relic though. By the look of it, none of the wear or the fire were by accident or from heavy use.
                              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Working...
                              X