banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Finished Building A Neck-Thru Headless Star Guitar..............................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Finished Building A Neck-Thru Headless Star Guitar..............................

I have had this guitar for years and I got it with a broken headstock. I have always had this crazy idea about turning this guitar into a headless. So, here it is. Tuners are from a Hohner "The Sting" guitar, Schaller humbucker and an onboard active 3 way crossover/EQ. (Sorry for the bad lighting and mediocre photography)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0493.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	5852451Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0494.jpg
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	5852452Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0495.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	5852453

Re: Just Finished Building A Neck-Thru Headless Star Guitar..........................

Rock on!

Comment

Re: Just Finished Building A Neck-Thru Headless Star Guitar..........................

Wow, very cool project!!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You did a great job!

;>)/
        sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Tell us more.
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
            Tell us more.
            Word. I like the headless guitars.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

This guitar was originally set up with a tremolo bridge. I will probably put a cover on the back and perhaps change the pickup. The action is a little high so I will probably leave this guitar in either open D or open E tuning to play slide guitar on. Slide on the wild side.

(I could picture Johnny Winter playing a guitar like this while he was here)

Comment

Can the action not be lowered?
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                  Can the action not be lowered?
                  I lowered it as far as it will go. I may decide to acquire a shallower bridge. I'll see what is available. I love these Schaller roller bridges, but they are a little higher than some bridges. Anyone have any ideas? It must be a top loading bridge with string-thru holes.

Comment

Bolt on neck? Shim it.

Comment

Bolt on neck? Shim it.

Neck-Thru. Saddles/bridge cannot be lowered any further, it is as low as it will go.

Comment

Bolt on neck? Shim it.
                        A great example of not reading the previous posts before posting. NOT EVEN the heading!!
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Great project. Looks like it was a LOT of fun designing and working on it.

I'm not one for headless, but the idea is intriguing. Sure helps to resolve possible neck dive issues with some guitars.
                          Originally Posted by IanBallard
                          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

A great example of not reading the previous posts before posting. NOT EVEN the heading!!
                            For once, you're correct. MY BAD.

Comment

It's all good. The guitar sounds great and for now, works well playing slide guitar. If I can find a bridge that would work, I'll get it. Today I'm waiting for the delivery of my Stew Mac SG guitar kit and lacquer project.

Comment

Working...
                              X