My first build a mix between a Prs and a Kramer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first build a mix between a Prs and a Kramer

I’m restoring my old first build and despite not wanting to I will have to sell it...

As I ordered from China a copy of the body that I carved to make another prs style copy project. yeah they can duplicate any body or neck for cheap However I won’t recommend to ask Chinese to replicate a neck.

Here are the pictures when I was making it.

I began with a 22 frets neck but I messed with the scale length and had to remove one case and and a fret which is still in the picture. I removed the fret and made a black line inlay with the fret slot. First builds are always a mess x). I made a fake Kramer logo with a transparent material which I think is not that bad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	19280D95-7BE6-4667-BC72-B6A91F7A3F02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	5852517

Click image for larger version

Name:	6A676576-7882-4A8E-A619-8283409ACC9C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	5852518

It has a master grade flame maple top and a 5a flamed maple back. The body is made of roasted basswood. As I like Van Halen and basswood maple was one of his best combinations I used this.

Just by the looks so you think you would like a guitar like this ?

It plays well and stays in tune however intonation isn’t perfect. It sounds huge. It has a custom wound 9k plain enamel paf alnico 2 at the bridge and a 7.5k at the neck.
    Last edited by Pat_rocks_and_rolls; 08-02-2019, 02:03 PM.

Re: My first build a mix between a Prs and a Kramer

The intonation is off because there is almost a half an inch difference between the Kramer neck and the PRS body

Either the the trem moves up a half inch I to the bridge pickup cavity or the neck scoots down into the neck pickup cavity

Or just change the neck

Love the color
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
      The intonation is off because there is almost a half an inch difference between the Kramer neck and the PRS body

Either the the trem moves up a half inch I to the bridge pickup cavity or the neck scoots down into the neck pickup cavity

Or just change the neck

Love the color
      That's what it sounds to me. You can verify what scale the neck is by measuring under the nut, to the 12th fret crown. Multiply by two. Then see if what you just measured matches from the 12th fret crown to the middle bridge saddle on your bridge.

Too bad with a floyd rose you can't really adjust up/down position on it.

Hoping for the best, that's some good work done to fall through on a mistake like that.

Comment

Yeah, scale length/intonation would be my biggest concern with that setup

However, that's gorgeous and pretty darn cool! I hope it works out

Comment

Working...
        X