Total Props to EB/MM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Props to EB/MM

Know they are a great company and love their product- but never had to interact with them before now. Had to order a very obscure part for a pre-Ernie Ball/Leo Era guitar (early truss rod bullet; good luck finding one that fits now.) Not only did they respond quickly, they actually still had it in stock (!) and didn't try one bit to rip me on the price (rarity considered, they could have.) Very reasonable price and interaction in an era when most companies won't even pick up their phone.
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Re: Total Props to EB/MM

My interactions with them have always been positive. My Silo Special remains my favorite guitar.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I sold my Silo Special and needed a new neck plate for it as the existing one had cracked. They were cool about sending me a replacement (as long as I turned over the original) for a fair price in a good time frame.

I really do wish they had a full-up custom shop though.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
        I sold my Silo Special and needed a new neck plate for it as the existing one had cracked. They were cool about sending me a replacement (as long as I turned over the original) for a fair price in a good time frame.

I really do wish they had a full-up custom shop though.
        My thought is, that with enough money, they will build it. Their production guitars are expensive anyway, so any custom work would certainly be $$$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          My thought is, that with enough money, they will build it. Their production guitars are expensive anyway, so any custom work would certainly be $$$$$.
          Sterling Ball has gone on record saying "a custom shop is for when your normal guitars aren't good enough" or some such thing.

He's expanded upon that by saying they offer enough guitars in enough styles so that there should be something for everyone to choose from and be satisfied, and that the actual instruments themselves are custom shop quality.

I agree with the latter point, but I guess he's got a hard time grasping that there are people who might want a color that's not offered that year, or maybe they'd like a Silhouette Special in mahogany instead of alder.

So as far as true have-it-your-way custom shop guitars, Strerling has made it clear it's not gonna happen. At least not for John Q. Public off the street.

Dweezil Zappa can have one. Joe Bonamassa can have one. Anyone on their artist roster can, but you can't.

Comment

Many companies with a ‘Custom Shop’ only tend to incur negative feedback as a result - it’s rare that companies can actually use the Custom Shop approach without going overtime to meet requests, getting flamed on frequency/quality of communication, sacrificing quality/options or jacking the price up to some ridiculous level. It seems like a very difficult thing to manage, for whatever reason. Don’t blame Musicman for keeping out of the fray and continuing to do what they do well.

Anyway:

Last edited by Silence Kid; 08-09-2019, 07:28 AM.
            Originally posted by King Buzzo
            I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Mad props, bro'. Mad props. EBMM is flat-out amazing.
              Wackor
              Ørdøg
              NecroPolo
              Diabolus in Musica
              SIDrip Alliance
              Book of Shadows
              RKH

Comment

I acquired a Steve Morse Y2D in a trade a while back. I stupidly sold it off in an attempt to get something else. Not a smart move. I wish I still had it.

I've been pining for an ALHH for forever. I haven't tried the SBMM version to see if it's got the goods.

Comment

The Sterling version of the AL doesn't have the same feel- the neck is bigger. But it is a great guitar, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X