Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Installing new pickups in tele and having a few issues

Originally posted by Techy Beccy View Post
    Its the 4 screws under the saddles that hold it to the guitar body. The only way to get to them is by removing the saddles.
    Forgot about that. I think I usually just take the saddles off over one screw at a time and put them right back on so I can tell the height and distance easier based on the others still on the plate.

Comment

With the hotrails in the bridge now it sounds nothing like a tele!
      I have the exact same bridge/pickup combo I freaking love it. The guitar rocks. Very articulate even at very high-gain settings.

Last edited by Securb; 08-15-2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Its the 4 screws under the saddles that hold it to the guitar body. The only way to get to them is by removing the saddles.
        You can remove the set screw on the Babicz saddles then turn the saddle sideways to get to the mounting screw. You don't have to take the saddle all the way off.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          You can remove the set screw on the Babicz saddles then turn the saddle sideways to get to the mounting screw. You don't have to take the saddle all the way off.
          Brilliant!!
          I do that with the fender saddles. But when I was having a look at the babicz out of the package the saddles didn't seem to turn much. But now you've said that I will investigate a bit further! It could save me a lot of time!
          Thanks!!

Comment

Is that a hot rail in that Tele Securb?

Comment

I thought I'd try out a new bridge with this Tele!
              Before I installed the rails pickups, I was wondering if my vintage bridge with brass saddles would retain any vintage like tone!? I can't hear it if it has!
              So I thought I'd try something else and ordered one of these Babicz bridges.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]100437[/ATTACH]

I've had a read of the instructions and watched a YouTube video and it seems like a bit of a pain in the bum to install!!
              Looks like you have to take each individual saddle off, put the pickup in and plate on... Then put each saddle back on and adjust each saddle to correct intonation!!
              You've just described the fitting process for practically every Tele bridge since the guitar was invented.
              And adjusting intonation once the bridge is on is a process for every single saddle adjustable bridge since they were invented.
              If the normal fitment of a bridge is a PITA, maybe buying complete factory guitars from now on should be your thing......

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                Is that a hot rail in that Tele Securb?
                Yep, it is the exact same setup as Techy Beccy, the guitar screams. The only difference in our setups is I have a TV Jones classic plus in the neck. It gives me a bit of a Malcolm vibe.

FWIW: The Hot Rails sounds great split.

Comment

Brilliant!!
                  I do that with the fender saddles. But when I was having a look at the babicz out of the package the saddles didn't seem to turn much. But now you've said that I will investigate a bit further! It could save me a lot of time!
                  Thanks!!
                  Now that I look closer it looks like Babicz has changed the design of the bridge a bit. There are no set screws in front of the saddles. I am not sure if they will turn. If you have to take them off it is not a big thing. You might have to hit YouTube to look up how to do an intonation, it is not hard. Or come back here for a couple of tips. You are almost over the finish line and looking great.

Comment

Wow Securb that's a nice looking guitar!! I love the TV Jones in the neck! The black hardware looks great! I was going to do black but the place I got the bridge from only had chrome left in stock and they were a good price.

Comment

I had a problem last night with the bridge. The Hotrails pickup didn't fit in the cut out!
                      I was thinking how would I file it cos its so thick and quite a bit to take off. I asked for a bit of help and used a grinding wheel and drill. I measured it against the fender bridge that fit. I got it to fit and put some clear coat protection spray over the raw bits to stop any rust that might come.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	BCE5934E-E68E-4836-A339-520690BE3D7E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	5816785
                      Its not that easy to see that it doesnt fit from this pic.
                      I did a Google search and it seems its a common problem with a few bridges and the hotrails. Its just the shape. Seymour Duncan could make a custom tele bridge for them - it might not be worth while?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	2A0C15BF-D43C-47A8-98C8-8AF8D37AC44F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	5816786
                      Probably worked out better I got the chrome and not black!? Maybe not too big a deal to put some black paint over it after modifing.
                      That's the thing with this stuff - its good when it goes to plan! You learn new things though. I'm only a novice so still quite a bit of learning to do!

Ill have another crack at putting it back together today sometime

Comment

I am not sure of the technical reason the rails couldn't work out to be the same shape as a regular Tele pickup- I am sure there is a reason. The bobbins would have to be strangely shaped. I am happy you solved this, though!
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

ive run into this before too with a lil 59. fit fine in the actual fender bridge but not the after market one... not sure why the aftermarket one is a different size.

Comment

Working...
                          X