Late 60s/early 70s strats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 60s/early 70s strats?

Hey guys - are there any fender guitars that aren't ridiculously expensive that look like said guitars in title?

As in black and cream looking strats with big headstocks.

The only ones I can think of are the american performer range (theres a new limited ed in olympic white that looks more off white)

Its really annoying that there is no american original with a big headstock. I don't know if anyone else hates the small headstock too but IMO all the real players (Hendrix Blackmore Uli Yngwie Robin Trower) use them and so many generic pop and indie bands who think they know how to play pickup the small one and it just looks weird to me now

Re: Late 60s/early 70s strats?

I can't answer your question P-Stack but I have to laugh. I bought my '73 SB Strat in '74 in a pawn shop for something like $250, pretty expensive then as I was in college. I've always struggled with playing it and was sooo close to selling it many times over.

Then a couple years ago I played it at a gig and really started to like it! Sounded great too! Except, I still hate that big-### head! Beauty is in the eye, they say.

Best wishes on your quest!

Comment

Originally posted by Power Stack \m/ View Post
      I don't know if anyone else hates the small headstock too but IMO all the real players (Hendrix Blackmore Uli Yngwie Robin Trower) use them and so many generic pop and indie bands who think they know how to play pickup the small one and it just looks weird to me now
      Wow. You are really overthinking this to the point of making ridiculous judgments.

If you want a big headstock, then get one. If there isn't one on the model you want, then buy an aftermarket or a used neck.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Used American Special/Highway One? I also prefer the large headstock.
        Originally posted by King Buzzo
        I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Look to the Vintera series.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Don't forget the Squier VM series, they are pretty nicely specced for the money.
            http://www.lonephantom.com
            http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

Working...
            X