Advice straightening a one way strat neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice straightening a one way strat neck

I have a bunch of guitars that the one way truss rods dont straighten the neck fully with string on. I read some where of a technique where you clamp the neck and put extra pressure whilsy rod is loose to help the rod shift slightly in seating and give it more straightness with amd without string tension.

I will practice it on my squire neck first. Some guidance will be great.

Thanks

Re: Advice straightening a one way strat neck

If you can remove the truss nut and add washers/a spacer behind it, you can gain adjustment range on a maxed-out rod. Make sure they actually fit in the hole without getting stuck.
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
      If you can remove the truss nut and add washers/a spacer behind it, you can gain adjustment range on a maxed-out rod. Make sure they actually fit in the hole without getting stuck.
      Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to say I have a bag of a hundred washers for that purpose. Its just I heard it can compress the wood? I heard if you clamp with pressure you can release tension on the rod and allow it to sit into a place in the chamber and settle with a morr straight neck and more room to tighten on the nut and then less compression or lumpy spots made where the rods ends are?? Correct me if wrong. Just dont want to damage my tokais neck its my most valued guitar at present.

Thanks

Comment

You have to do the tightening somehow. You either add washers to give you more threads or not.
        Once you release the clamping force, washer or not the wood on the border of the truss rod access area will be subject to the same stress.

Comment

Working...
        X