Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Router Help: Bosch Colt

Originally posted by A_Cold_1 View Post
    Alright I know I made this post talking about the Bosch Colt, the same day I posted this thread I discovered the DeWalt 611, $10 more on amazon. I’ve indeed heard of the Bosch Colt hight adjustment coming loose, so I bought the DeWalt. Free one day shipping is amazing Did my first route today, a truss rod cavity. Made the line with a jig, then freehanded a bit just to widen the tip of the cavity. Very happy with my purchase, the LED lights are amazing, the base is perfect for my jig setup, and of course it’s small.

(Also, another question, how do you prevent the truss rod from coming loose inside the cavity once the fretboard is glued? Silicone?)
    Epoxy.

I've made other bases for my DeWalt out of 3/8" thick acrylic...larger for more stability, and a larger bit hole so I can use specialty bits. (Yes, that was "BIT" hole. I know your minds).
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

For what it is worth, the first generation Colts had the finicky height adjustment. That issue has long been resolved.

I also have the DeWalt and Ridgid small routers. Any of them will work just fine for most routing jobs.
      -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
      “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by A_Cold_1 View Post

(Also, another question, how do you prevent the truss rod from coming loose inside the cavity once the fretboard is glued? Silicone?)
        If it were me, a snug fit and some epoxy. The truss-rod works best the more surface contact inside the neck. The only real fear is having the rod work out the end. But I think you could make a necked down area to keep that from ever happening. If you make your routing a good and tight fit, I would estimate the use of epoxy unnecessary..

Comment

Working...
        X