No announcement yet.

Do I really need to ground to bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do I really need to ground to bridge?

Originally posted by Zombiwoof View Post
    There is a trick I sort of remember from years ago of adding a cap (I think) inline with the string ground, makes it less lethal if you pass voltage through your body. Anyone remember this?. It used to be talked about a lot, especially with Strats.
    Also, Keith Relf was playing barefoot in his house, as I recall. It was thought that he may have stepped in some water or something when it happened.
    Al
    Yes, I remember the cap trick to add in. First time I saw it was in the guitarnuts.com forum. However, it won't really do anything. The current coming from the mains AC line will go right through it. I did see one other suggestion of adding an inline fuse link with a 5mA fuse. The fuse will blow before the current gets through. The best safety is an outlet tester to make sure outlets are properly grounded before even plugging in.

Comment

Oh well, just add a ground lift to your bridge
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by blakejcan View Post
        Finishing up a PG explorer kit and don’t see a hole for it.

What else can I do?
        Scratch down to the Copper plating underneath it somewhere + solder to 1 spot with ground wire ( Yes U NEED it and it will be easier over time to see how simple U can always find a Simple way to attach one ( If You can assemble a guitar correctly , You can Ground it Correctly .

Comment

Yes.

The shortest answer I will ever give.

Comment

Working...
          X