NUGD - Whale Blue SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NUGD - Whale Blue SE

Have been doing a lot of work for a jazz client of late - archtops and semi-hollows mostly. Delivered the latest to him yesterday, and he wondered if I might like this PRS. He bought it in 2014(?), and doesn't play it much. Gave me a deal, not a scratch or ding on it. Took it home and lowered the action a bit - sounds good, plays great. Will add to the stash....

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3487.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	5852715

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3488.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	5852716
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Re: NUGD - Whale Blue SE

great looking guitar! i really enjoy my se (no where near as pretty as yours though) hope you enjoy yours as much.

Comment

The budget PRS stuff is great. I have a black SE Custom 24, and a brown sunburst SE II Soapbar. The stock P-90's sounded fine, but I installed a set of Lindy Fralin Hum canceling P-90's in it. Even better. If I can find one reasonably priced, I'd like to get a yellow Santana double cut (like the old Juniors). I have no interest in an American built PRS, if the Korean stuff is so nice.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

What a pretty flame on that guitar! Would look really sharp with chrome humbucker covers.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Those SE models are killer. I had a Korina Singlecut some years back when they were available. Great guitar. Played it stock for a while before changing the pickups to DiMarzio Air Classics and changing the nut for a bone cut one.

A lot of the Korean imports are really nice. From Dean, PRS, G&L. Really nice instruments.

Comment

The whale blue on the websites looks much darker
            I like that much better

And chrome covers would look nice
            Also creme plastics

But it's just fine as is
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Love my SE CU24. There was some damage to the neck finish, so I wound up stripping and tung oiling it. Aside from that, it’s bone stock and a really great instrument. At some point, I’m going to upgrade the tuners and nut, but both are useable. I keep wanting to try different pickups, but the stock HFS/Vintage Bass are excellent for what I do. Especially love the bridge. Mine is floating with a good bit of travel in either direction, and it’s rock solid.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
              X