Is this Stratocaster worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Stratocaster worth?

It's a 2018 player series SSS modified with a dimarzio super distortion in the bridge, fender locking tuners, and graph tech saddles. $550 (shipping and tax inc.)

I personally don't have experience with used guitars and this one seems enticing for the year it was made. I also would have done the hot rail mod anyways perhaps with a seymour duncan rail but this one looks to be good too.

What do you guys think. Is this too expensive? Can I get it cheaper if I grab an older model and do the mod myself?

Re: Is this Stratocaster worth?

Well, they are $674 new, and the Pickup is probably worth about 50 dollars used. If it is in really good condition and there are no fret/neck issues causing the seller to get rid of it, you'd be saving about 100-150 dollars buying used, if its exactly what you want. I don't know about the guitar line, but I have bought about 5 basses over the past couple of years. 2 Fender Mexican made, and 3 Squier Vintage Modified series, and the Squiers were better made in my opinion. I returned both the Fenders, one of them an $800 Deluxe series PJ bass. Needed a neck shim on day one to get the action anywhere near factory specs. My cheap Squier VM Jaguar PJ Bass beat it by a mile. The other fender had high frets and a neck/body misalignment. I'm either going Squier or Fender USA in the future.

Comment

Unless that's the exact spec guitar you want, it does not sound like a screaming deal.

I haven't played a new Fender in awhile, but I'll echo that the Squier Classic Vibe guitars are excellent. I'd look for one of those around $300, then outfit with your choice of pickups. Or keep the stocks, as the ones in my Tele were fine. They have the vintage style tuners where the end of the string goes down in the post, and function very well, so upgraded tuners are also not necessary.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Habbohomer View Post
        It's a 2018 player series SSS modified with a dimarzio super distortion in the bridge, fender locking tuners, and graph tech saddles. $550 (shipping and tax inc.)

I personally don't have experience with used guitars and this one seems enticing for the year it was made. I also would have done the hot rail mod anyways perhaps with a seymour duncan rail but this one looks to be good too.

What do you guys think. Is this too expensive? Can I get it cheaper if I grab an older model and do the mod myself?
        Used strats around here seem to be $300-$350 pretty consistently in my area. You could probably do it a bit cheaper, none of those tasks are all that time consuming.

Comment

Working...
        X