banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look, a Dean Cadillac without the V headstock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Look, a Dean Cadillac without the V headstock...

Originally posted by Toejam View Post
    To me, it doesn't look that bad on that Caddy, but it's still rather big and not my thing. Though, without binding, it seems to be not as long and pointy and a little more pleasing.

I still prefer the duckbill on mine, or even the old shrimp fork like on Steve Clark's old one here.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]100897[/ATTACH]

They do make the straight six. But DAMN I love that Steve Clark one!!!!! That was the first Caddy I ever saw in the Me & My Wine Vid and wanted one ever since. In Burgundy. With a Kahler. And three pups....And now I have 5 Caddy's all in regular playing rotation!!!!

I often debate between getting a Custom Steve Dallas model made, or one of those...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Here is a shot of the Steve Dallas Cadillac Ranch

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cadillac Ranch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	5817034
      Last edited by Aceman; 09-14-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        Here is a shot of the Steve Dallas Cadillac Ranch

[ATTACH=CONFIG]100928[/ATTACH]
        That's a sweet collection you've got there!
        The Steve Clark model is really neat, except I'm not a Kahler fan. The 3 pups and shrimp fork would be really cool on a custom, though.

Comment

And the cheap Korean pickups got upgraded for a set of DiMarzio Breeds. I love this guitar even more now.

Name:	20191021_212943.jpg
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	5817373

Name:	20191022_123436.jpg
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	5817374

Comment

I know it is kinda like looking at Superman and Clark Kent but hold yourselves back now y'all!

Steve Dallas and Aceman rawking that Caddy.

Then we have Flo my '96 USA Korina Caddy. V headstock on that one but not in this shot.
            Attached Files
            Aint no pro but I know what I like....
            Guitar to sound output:
            Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

New Cadillac content coming from me very soon!

Comment

This one is made in Korea, E serial, so it's World Guitars. From what research I've done, it seems to be a Select model made around 1998. Found this one on Guitar Center's site last week for $339. The customer service person I was chatting online with told me it was Korean, but I thought it was a US serial for the Un Sung factory. Had it shipped to my local store and was pleasantly surprised it's from the World factory. I really dig it. The pickups are probably whatever Asian ones they made back then, but they sound pretty decent.
                  You said you had it shipped in? Did this by chance come from Michigan? I had this exact cadi and had to sell to pay bills and have greatly regretted it ever since. Loved that guitar. I've looked around to reaquire one but have had The hardest time finding one without the stupid v headstock.

Comment

I believe it came from the GC in Georgia. It seems it was sitting there for quite awhile as the hardware was all sticky and the bridge and tailpiece were quite corroded and didn't have much gold left on it. It's got Tone Pros hardware on it now.

Comment

I believe it came from the GC in Georgia. It seems it was sitting there for quite awhile as the hardware was all sticky and the bridge and tailpiece were quite corroded and didn't have much gold left on it. It's got Tone Pros hardware on it now.
                      Man, that's damn close. I just noticed that it's 22 frets. The one I used to have was 24 other than that it was identical. Had a cheap Ibanez pickup when I got it and quickly swapped that for a Duncan distortion I had lying around. That thing was my main player for a good long time. That is the 1 guitar I regret selling the most. Always said if I found it again and was able I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Still haven't even seen another like it til now

Comment

Originally posted by Musicman1728 View Post
                        Man, that's damn close. I just noticed that it's 22 frets. The one I used to have was 24 other than that it was identical. Had a cheap Ibanez pickup when I got it and quickly swapped that for a Duncan distortion I had lying around. That thing was my main player for a good long time. That is the 1 guitar I regret selling the most. Always said if I found it again and was able I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Still haven't even seen another like it til now
                        24 frets with the same duckbill headstock or with the even smaller shrimp fork headstock? I've seen 24-fret models from the Czech Republic with the shrimp fork headstock but never any 24-fret Korean models like mine with the duck bill.

Comment

This was Korean made just like yours. Had it stamped into the headstock. Like I said I've had a hard time finding another like it or even tracking it back down for that matter. I have regretted selling alot of guitars over the years but this one was the most.

Comment

Cool. I've never seen a Korean 24-fret version.

Comment

Working...
                            X