Boaz One - basically, the Sega Genesis of guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boaz One - basically, the Sega Genesis of guitars

Saw this goofy ad today and immediately thought of you nerds. The plastic body and modular nature would make measuring all the infinitesimally small differences in pickups we obsess over a breeze. I think I'm gona get one just because it's so weird.

I'm not affiliated with them but I wanted to hear you all give feedback.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: Boaz One - basically, the Sega Genesis of guitars

Modular guitars always fail in the marketplace.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I'm not interested in the marketplace, I'm interested in the concept. A decade working for big chain guitar stores has convinced me that market trends only tell you the opinions of people who can't make their own decisions.

Comment

Will it feature modular necks? That thing looks so wide as to be virtually unplayable to me.

Comment

Is it a plastic neck? It's a weird shade of grey.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

yeah the video says the entire instrument is plastic. It literally sounds like a Sega or a Nintendo from the 80s when you change the pickups hahah

Comment

That thing is pretty cool. Watched the video recently... it’s pretty cheap, right?
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

for $399.00 (?) like he said in an interview ..I'd get one in a shot. Could'nt care less what it's made of..it sounds alright, looks decent & should be a lot of fun
                "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

His bridge tech is amazing.

Boaz' market is not you guys BTW
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I am intrigued. People have made modular before but a feature here or there. This dude went balls-to-the-wall.

A+ for General Design. I will say he is missing a Floyd option
                    C for Aesthetics. Does not look serious - too many doo dads, nooks, crannies, etc...

I think this has a lot of potential, but he is riding too many waves; Ultra convenience, but no Steinberger style option. Pickup changes, but only high end guys want/care about that. Flexible but not totally adjustable (Who made the sliding pickup guitar - place it where you want?)

This guy is mostly an Engineer. Great concept, but he needs some commercialization of it and tailoring for specific markets. I like it.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Still tripping over the plastic neck.

Swapping pickups and stuff easily is cool . . . but not if you're still frustrated with the base guitar that you're playing.
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I switched mine once to humbuckers then never went back.

Comment

Working...
                        X