The Guitars you wished you never sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Guitars you wished you never sold

I've never been either so desperate nor so foolish to have ever sold a guitar that I shouldn't have.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

I had a custom shop ESP DV8 that cost me.. well . A lot. and I sold it for less than half what I paid for it, when times were tough a couple years ago. It was a magnificent instrument and I still kick myself. Could've swallowed my pride and borrowed some money instead

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	gtx23.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	5817081
        GTX 23. One I had was spot on to this pic. Sounded and played great! Traded it and an Ibanez Cimar towards my first M-II Deluxe

Name:	bullet.jpg
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	5817082

Name:	bullethd.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	5817084
        Squier Bullet. This was really neat to play on. Can't remember if I sold or traded this one.

Name:	b1_1_b.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	5817083
        Westone somethingorother. The one I had was dead on to the pic(colored it black in PS). Was my first electric, and got traded towards my Epi Korina Explorer.

Comment

List from the top:

'92 purple flame top EBMM EVH signature - Dumb, dumb move on my part...

2005 Gibson Custom Shop ES-335 dot reissue natural flame top

2005 Gibson J-45 - I've never found another one that played or sounded like this one

2004 Gibson Custom Shop '59 Reissue Les Paul got top

1997? Peavey Wolfgang Standard black patent pending

2004 Fender Custom Shop '69 Stratocaster relic - black - had the AY signed pickups - best sounding strat I've ever had

2005 Fender Custom Shop '60 Stratocaster closet classic - best playing strat I've ever had

198somthing Kramer Nightswan

Comment

Originally posted by bsp212 View Post
            List from the top:

'92 purple flame top EBMM EVH signature - Dumb, dumb move on my part...

2005 Gibson Custom Shop ES-335 dot reissue natural flame top

2005 Gibson J-45 - I've never found another one that played or sounded like this one

2004 Gibson Custom Shop '59 Reissue Les Paul got top

1997? Peavey Wolfgang Standard black patent pending

2004 Fender Custom Shop '69 Stratocaster relic - black - had the AY signed pickups - best sounding strat I've ever had

2005 Fender Custom Shop '60 Stratocaster closet classic - best playing strat I've ever had

198somthing Kramer Nightswan
            Ouch.

Comment

Thankfully never been in that situation.

I've only ever parted with two guitars, one was a Cort that I did like but don't miss and the other was a Washburn MG100 which I do miss but that traded for an ESP Horizon that has become my new no.1-ish because of how light it is.
              Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
              I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
              Originally posted by That90'sGuy
              Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

These guys. Czech Dean Caddies. Not pictured is the 3rd, a red (bowling ball) sparkle.Click image for larger version

Name:	E923658D-79D8-4F22-928E-99A81A578490.jpeg
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	5817104

Comment

A yamaha sg. serial number dated it to 1984 'sold in japan'.. i guess there's a difference between what's made in japan and sold for the USA. Anyways, I have no idea what model it was, it had non split-diamond inlays but some ornate stuff I haven't seen on any guitar. I sold it to a friends brother and as far as I know, he still has it and won't part with it. For good reason. everything was stock on it except for the tuning machines I replaced with full size grovers.

Comment

Late 80s BC Rich ST-III
                    1985 Gibson Custom Shop Flying V (all black with Kahler trem)
                    1977 Les Paul Standard cherry sunburst
                    Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
                    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Ah yes, I also sold my Aged Honey Burst ESP Eclipse to put a down payment on a car to get me to a job that was far away. The car turned out to be a lemon piece of crap and the job sucked. >_<

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                        Ah yes, I also sold my Aged Honey Burst ESP Eclipse to put a down payment on a car to get me to a job that was far away. The car turned out to be a lemon piece of crap and the job sucked. >_<

That really bites. What kinda car was it ? And that's a really nice guitar but you'll replace it eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
                          That really bites. What kinda car was it ? And that's a really nice guitar but you'll replace it eventually.

It was a '98 Honda Accord.

I recently tried the EC1000T with the Satin Honey Burst top but I didn't like it as much. I did try the EII Eclipse in Satin Black and Vintage Black and I liked those a lot more so I think it'll be one of those or a Aged Honey one again. They don't make the latter anymore - it's actually noticeably lighter than the EII's.

Comment

my '87 LP Custom and my Gibson Chet Country Gent

sometimes I am such a dummy
                            My Bands -
                            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I had a really nice es335 that i traded for a benedetto bambino. The bambino was one of the most beautiful guitars i ever saw, but my picking arm refused to lock into it. So, i traded it for a k-line strat.

End result was that i like the k-line more than both of those, so i'm lucky. I do miss that 335 though. It really made my juices flow.

Comment

Forgot about the #1 worst one ever. My Mustaine KV1. It was a 1997 in mint condition I bought out of a drummer's closet. One of the best playing and sounding guitars I've ever touched.

Sold it around 2012 to pay some bills, when I got some money back I went to buy it back from the guy and he had already moved it. I sold it for stupidly cheap. Stupidly cheap.

They go for like $5000 now. Luckily I have a Japanese one now but it just ain't the same.

Another one is a Gibson Firebird VII I bought for like $3000. Didn't really like it. Traded it for a 50's reissue Stratocaster. Guy assured me they were equal in value. Didn't end up liking the Strat. Sold that for like $700. Yowch

Comment

Working...
                                X