• New Guitar Day up in here

Oh hi

Click image for larger version

Name:	B62010F3-D448-4BE4-A7E4-85A8B1322C8D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	5852841

Re: New Guitar Day up in here

That is beyond b*tch*n, Blake. ME WANT!!!!!!!!
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

That's awesome! Could you share a few more details regarding the build itself? I've been eyeing one of those up and would love to hear a bit more form someone who's actually built one.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

MEOW!

Comment

We get one picture??? Whatchoo got there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That tortoise pickguard puts the icing on the cake, man.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Dig it
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I'm going to throw a guess out there and say this is a Precision Guitar Kits X-Type.

It looks fantastic. The gold and the natural korina finish look great together.

Comment

PGK kit for sure!

Pretty fun & easy really. Just glue the neck in, clamp it and that's basically all that you really have to do as far as putting something together.

Finishing it is of course personal preference. I made my own ebony overlay for the headstock and used a bunch of reranch vintage tint clear for the neck & body. Pretty stoked on how it came out.

It is HEAVY. Like, really heavy. And with a big neck that I'm still getting used to.

Comment

My SG Junior kit from them came in at 6.5 lbs when all was said and done. It was my first set-neck project and I'm really happy with it, 8 years later. I went for a Gibson Faded style finish; sanding sealer, got it smooth and no grain filler. It's done in acrylic lacquer - Oxford White.

Comment

Originally posted by blakejcan View Post
                      It is HEAVY. Like, really heavy. And with a big neck that I'm still getting used to.
                      Hate to be a pain, but do you know roughly how much it weighs? My Gibson Explorer is right around 9lbs, and I was hoping that Korina would prove at least somewhat lighter.
                      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Not a pain. Haven't weighed it. See if I can remember and do it tonight.

Probably my heaviest guitar. Heavier than my LP.

Comment

Originally posted by blakejcan View Post
                          Not a pain. Haven't weighed it. See if I can remember and do it tonight.

Probably my heaviest guitar. Heavier than my LP.
                          Thanks. For those of us still wondering, what electronics and hardware did you go with?

Comment

oh yea. that stuff. ha.

Hotrodded humbucker set w/ no logos. Tonepros bridge. Grover tuners. Black tusq XL nut.

Bought a pre-wired WD pot set thingy but the old style cloth wires were too large to fit thru the little area drilled out for the wires to pass thru from the switch to the cavity.

Prob needs some fine tuning as the A string is still rattling a bit up in the cowboy chords.

Comment

Just weighed it. 2 oz short of 10 lbs. Chunker

Comment

Working...
                              X