banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Someone Look Over This Real Quick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Someone Look Over This Real Quick?

I'm planning on CNCing my first design that's semi-from scratch. I just wanted to make sure I got all the dimensions right before I printed it off. The bridge is a Wilkinson cutaway Tele bridge and the pickups are SD P90s. I forgot to include this on the diagram, but the bridge-most wall of the neck pocket and the neck-most edge of the bridge are 6.46" apart for a 25.5" scale guitar

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190925-194951_Drive.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	5852846

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190925-195406_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	5852847

Thanks for any help, it is very much appreciated. Let me know if there are any other measurements that you need.

Re: Could Someone Look Over This Real Quick?

I like it
    But I would use individual saddles on the bridge
    It would just be easier to intonate given it's new design and all
    Give yourself some room to adjust if necessary
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Looks alright to me, but I'd check to see if your cnc machine can handle cutting away the belly contour, some can, some can't. And maybe change the radius on the P90 route to something like a .27. Too small a radius will leave gaps in the corners, too big a radius won't fit.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Actually, looking over it, your neck pocket dimensions are wrong. It should be 2 3/16" wide and 3" long and 5/8" deep. You were pretty close on the length, so you may not have to remeasure the bridge, but I'd do it anyway just to be sure.

The bridge you pointed to can be top mounted, so I would design it so that the the routed body would provide you with guiding points so that you can keep it centered and roughly where it needs to be. Then you can measure it so that you have it exactly where it needs to be.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

So I fixed the neck pocket dimensions, but now I'm wondering something else. Currently it's setup for a Tele heel. If I put a 24 fret Strat neck on there will there be any issues? I know usually there is a small gap in the corners of the neck pocket, but will the overhang on the 24 fret neck cover it?

Comment

I feel like the routing for the floyd is all wrong. :P

A 24 fret overhang should mostly cover it, but if you hold it to the side and look for it you'll still see the gap. Don't know if this will matter to you or not. Personally, I'd route it for a strat heel if you want a strat heel.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
            X