Locking tuners for Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking tuners for Tele

Hi, I’m looking for locking tuners for a Tele. Current tuners don’t require drilling - really want to go the same route with replacements.

Gracias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Locking tuners for Tele

Just get the Fender Locking Schallers with F logo. $50-60. done.

Don't think they require drilling on Squire.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Squires have 10mm tuner holes, so they will fit most modern 13/32" holes. You should be good if you go with the NE's advice.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

AFAIK the pins of the Fenders don’t line up with squiers. So no, the Fenders may not work unless you want to drill the pins. Double check, of course.

The Hipshots in-line with UMP will work with any guitar.

Comment

The Fender Branded ones have pins further out from the Squire ones

The Kiesel branded ones are drop in

Thanks Bruce
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Graphtech Ratios line up, but they are fairly pricey. VEry nice tuners though.
            http://www.lonephantom.com
            http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

You'd think this would be easier. Why are there different standards for these things?
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                You'd think this would be easier. Why are there different standards for these things?
                I manage an auto parts store. Almost every braking system on every car you see on the road uses a hydraulic piston to compress friction material sandwiched around a metal disc to slow the car when you step on the brake pedal. Cars vary in weight, so one size disc/friction will not work for everything, but I bet I stock close to 300 different sizes of each. Probably more. And get this: At least 25% of the time, I still have to order the correct parts for a customer.
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                  I manage an auto parts store. Almost every braking system on every car you see on the road uses a hydraulic piston to compress friction material sandwiched around a metal disc to slow the car when you step on the brake pedal. Cars vary in weight, so one size disc/friction will not work for everything, but I bet I stock close to 300 different sizes of each. Probably more. And get this: At least 25% of the time, I still have to order the correct parts for a customer.
                  But certainly cars should vary more than guitars. Some tuners are so close in size- some use posts, some don't, and some the post is 1mm from the other one. It is a silly thing that we go through when we just want a tuner that covers up the holes and fits.

Comment

But certainly cars should vary more than guitars. Some tuners are so close in size- some use posts, some don't, and some the post is 1mm from the other one. It is a silly thing that we go through when we just want a tuner that covers up the holes and fits.
                    Especially within a single company; I can't think of a logical reason Fender wouldn't want you to be able to upgrade a Squier with Fender parts?

Larry

Comment

In both cases, they’re doing exactly the same thing. A tuner is rotating and holding position, brakes are squeezing a rotor and slowing your vehicle. There is no reason for all the arbitrary differences in either situation.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by larryguitar View Post
                        Especially within a single company; I can't think of a logical reason Fender wouldn't want you to be able to upgrade a Squier with Fender parts?

Larry
                        It probably has more to do with cost. The Squier line is licensed out instead of being made by Fender, so they probably use whatever hardware is available locally instead of having to ship their own hardware.
                        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

You mean like the wire color coding in pickups??!
                          Originally Posted by IanBallard
                          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Oh man don't get me started on wire color

Why cant they all have the traditional shape

You know that super comfy roundback gourd that looks like half a watermelon and the scale of a mandolin
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Wire color should absolutely be standard. We have standards for the dimensions of a humbucker. The market decides which pickups rise to the top (from a $ point of view). Yet wire colors are all over the place. If tuners all used the same footprint, you 1. wouldn't have to search all over for correct replacements and 2. the best working ones would rise to the top. We'd have great vintage ones and great modern locking ones, and weird ultra-modern ones that don't look like tuners as we know it. But you would have your choice of the best designs of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X