banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you care about keeping your guitar pristine, or do you like the wear and tear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you care about keeping your guitar pristine, or do you like the wear and tear?

I make a moderate attempt to treat my instruments nicely, but I do not go to extreme measures. Most of my gigged instruments show their use fairly quickly. Every now and then, a certain ding really bugs me, though. I like a tasteful accumulation of wear through real use and minor accidents, not big gouges due to carelessness on my part.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Re: Do you care about keeping your guitar pristine, or do you like the wear and tear?

kind of depends on the guitar but I generally play the hell out of my guitars so I guess that kind of answers the question lol
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I like bashing them around i don't know why.

Comment

I try to keep them looking nice, not necessarily pristine but appealing to the eye. My Iceman has some nicks and dings in it but its not beat to hell either, esp it being 25 yrs old. Probably the worst part is the fret wear and really need to get that taken care of at some point.
          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400
          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I used to care, and now I don't.
            I have a couple that I really tend to and make sure they don't get beat up or abused, but most of them I just use them normally.
            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I am a good steward with the gear God has provided for me. I wash my hands before playing, and I wipe the guitar before returning it to the case.

I don't panic over dings, though.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

i dont intentionally beat them up and try to take good care of em, but they are just tools/toys to be used. the first ding on a pristine guitar stings for a sec but its gonna happen

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus View Post
                  Personally, I like to buy guitars used, and I often don't care about the cosmetic condition so long is functionally and structurally in good condition. I even like the dings, scratches, etc. I take care not to damage mine, but it happens through use, I don't abuse them. I feel like it adds character. I guess I'm just curious. Do many people take painstaking care to not put a blemish on your instrument? I guess I wouldn't want to own an instrument I'd be afraid to pick up and play.
                  This is exactly how I think of it too.
                  "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                  Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Someone once said "Play it like you stole it."
                    Not me, I try to take care of my stuff, because I actually had to work to buy it.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I baby my instruments to the extent that it's convenient so no hard case storage or anything fancy like that. I don't mind a little wear from my DIY mods though - part of the journey.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Pristine. Example been gigging this old 95 Washburn USA MG 120 for many years and took this a few weeks ago.
                        Guitars
                        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                          Pristine. Example been gigging this old 95 Washburn USA MG 120 for many years and took this a few weeks ago.
                          Looking good.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I do my best to take care of all my guitars no matter how much they cost. I got a few close to 30 years old and still in excellent condition, even though they have been played a lot. If dings or scratches happen, then I am fine with them. But I do prefer buying used guitars. Brand new ones just don't feel right and it takes a while to break them in.
                            Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 04-08-2021, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Mine are all players with scratches and dings, but I still try to take care of them. I store them in their case, put them on a stand when taking a break between sets, wipe the strings and hardware after playing them and clean the fretboard & polish the body when I change strings.
                              I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Working...
                              X