• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stratocaster or Ibanez AZ?

Congrats. Well may it wear.

Comment

Yes it is roasted maple fret-board and maple top. With SS frets and titanium saddles and a bunch of other player friendly features like glow in the dark inlays and really comfortable cutaways. The guitar really fits.

The pickups are pretty hot especially the humbucker. It screams (for someone who plays clean most of the time), I lowered to slightly and that gave a better match to the single coils imo. Love it for more recent Lukather type stuff, since he started using passive pickups. The two single coils in series really sound amazing (as if there were a humbucker at the neck). Didn't expect to sound that good, but it really gives a Les-Paulesque sound and allows me to play jazzy stuff easily. With those in parallel and the volume rolled slightly off, I can get the stratty tones that I like with just a tad more output. Also the humbucker split sounds really good and handy for SRV stuff.

Very versatile guitar. Recommend a try if you have access to one. Very happy with the purchase. The shop was also kind enough to give me a sick free Pastorius-style strap!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191019-WA0013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	5817340
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191019-WA0028.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	5817341

Comment

Oh yeah
        So much win
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Looks lovely!
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Looking at that guitar, you absolutely made the right choice. Congrats!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Late reaction, but the AZ definitely.

Nice catch bro'!
              Wackor
              Ørdøg
              NecroPolo
              Diabolus in Musica
              SIDrip Alliance
              Book of Shadows
              RKH

Comment

Originally posted by contiContiCONTI View Post
                Okok it seems that the only real advantage to the strat is the vintageness then?
                I think it depends also on you been a rhythm only player or a lead player or what is your priority. I have not player an Ibanez AZ but I do have a Charvel and of course my beloved MIM Stratocaster. When I cared more about the comfort for playing rhythm then I pick the Fender Strat because the narrower string spacing at the nut and fret board radius feels great for that. When I care more about playing lead, more control on vibrato and specially on big bends then the wider spacing at nut and the fret board radius is better for that. Honestly, if you practice properly and get to know your instrument you can do anything on both just fine. Forget bout specs, try them both just pick the one that feels more comfortable to you for your playing style and stays in tune better, you can always change pickups if you need to.
                Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
                X