X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    Re: How many guitars do you own?

Nine. I have had somewhere between 250-300 guitars pass through my hands over the years and have been fortunate to be able to try just about every guitar that I have had interest in over that time. Below are the ones that I have built or bought over the last seven years after selling off all my gear during a divorce back in 2013. The last couple of years have really allowed me to discern what I truly like and gravitate towards and that I actually pick up
    and play. The one that I have retained are all really solid players and sound awesome so pretty much all "Number Ones" to me.

2020 Famn Damily:

8 Electrics:
    - 2009 Gibson Studio Raw Power Les Paul Trans Aqua (Maple Fretboard/Maple Body/SD Jazz-JB)
    - 2009 Gibson Studio Raw Power Les Paul Trans Satin White (Maple Fretboard/Maple Body/SD JNJ-CCJ)
    - 1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial 3 Color Sunburst (Maple Fretboard/Maple Body/SD JNJ-DiMarzio Tone Zone F)
    - 1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe Blackburst (Maple Fretboard/Maple Body/Suhr ML Standard Neck & Middle-TB4J)
    - 1989 Kramer Sambora (2009 Charvel USA San Dimas Neck/NOS 1989 Kramer Sambora Body/SD Jazz-JB-RTM TB)
    - 2018 Frankenstein (USACG Maple Neck/KNE Azusa Ash Body/DiMarzio True Velvet-NOS TB4J)
    - 2016 Warmoth Tone Bomb Ash Super Tele (Birdsye Maple Neck/One Piece Ash Body/SD JNJ-RTM TB)
    - 2013 Warmoth Iceman (Maple Neck/Mahogany Body/SD Jazz B-CC/TB4J A2 Hybrid)

1 Acoustic:
    - 1989 Guild F50 BLD Blonde Jumbo Westerly R.I. USA

2 Amps:
    - 2017 Boogie Private Reserve Flame Maple Lone Star 2x12
    - 1992 Peavey 5150 2x12 (Eminence Texas Heat & Swamp Thang)
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 04-12-2020, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mojosman
    replied

The guitar population fluctuates over time in my house. Currently, five Strats (an EJ, a first year SRV, a custom shop Robert Cray that was one of the earliest ones, and two partscasters, that I’d never part with) a 2013 LP Traditional, a 2016 50’s Tribute Les Paul, two cheap Asian acoustics, a cigar box my brother built for me, and another homemade three string my brother built, my the Epiphone SG my stepson abandoned when he quit playing. One day that will get new electronics and pickups and hopefully go to my grandson that just started playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 6stringerguy
    replied

13 Electrics and 2 Acoustics.
    Electrics:
    1: Yamaha Erg122C
    2: ESP LTD MK-600
    3: Ibanez SZ320
    4: Fender MIJ 62 Reissue Telecaster
    5: Jackson USA WR1
    6: Aristides 060 FR
    7: Daemoness Atlantean
    8: ESP LTD EC-1000 FR
    9: PRS SE Holcomb
    10: Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF
    11: Jericho Elite 6 Baritone Evertune
    12: Dean Karl Sanders “The Black V”
    13: Ibanez MMM1 Mike Mushok Baritone

Acoustics:
    1: No Name Classical
    2: Gretsch Jim Dandy Parlour.

Leave a comment:

• bigcupholder
    replied

3 guitars and a bass. Two ESP Eclipses, one semi hollow (1997) and one solid (2008). And an Ibanez NDM1 that I'm about to rip the duct tape off of and refinish.

I don't like having more guitars than I have room to keep out at once. If it's in a case, I know I'm too lazy to take it out and rotate through them.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied

I have 8 killer guitars in my stable at the moment, though my goal is to eventually get down to 6 "keepers" (5 electrics, 1 acoustic) and be done for a good long while.

1) Jackson Rhoads
    2) Warmoth Super-Tele
    3) Warmoth Super-Strat
    4) Chapman Norseman
    5) Washburn George Lynch "Outlaw" prototype (solid body electric, not the later acoustic by the same name)
    6) Anthem WTR-10
    7) Ibanez RG7321
    8) Martin 000X1 acoustic

But if you count guitars I'm selling and projects I've yet to finish, you can pretty much double that

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied

St. Louis here I come...

Leave a comment:

• STLMTLHD79
    replied

I am very fortunate i must say. I have found tons of good deals and over the past 4 years, I have accumulated over 30 guitars (I had 4 in 2016). I lived in the St Louis area a few years back and was able to procure a TON of great guitars for super cheap. The Denver area (where i live now) has been no slouch either.

Leave a comment:

• gsammo79
    replied

One. An epiphone LP 1960 tribute plus

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

I have about 8 right now. There might be others that I like, but I kinda got tired of that chase. I am into playing a lot more now, rather than surfing ebay or reverb.

Leave a comment:

• The Dali
    replied

I'm at 10 right now, but I've owned over 100 in my life. I've come to the conclusion that I just like having guitars so I'm going to stop buying/selling and just start collecting. And not collecting for any investment value - just collecting because I like them. Most of mine are in the $300 - $900 range and have mods (pickups, etc) so nothing crazy expensive. On the flip side, I now have 5 different amps and two extension cabs... BUT only 1 pedal!

Of all my guitars, I wish I had kept the vast majority. So now I'm going to start doing that. I actually published a post about this!

https://hammersandchords.com/guitars-that-got-away/
    Last edited by The Dali; 04-09-2020, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BriGuy1968
    replied

Originally posted by Seezer View Post
    1 lol. A Gibson (not epiphone) flying V from the early 90's I think. I'm trying to figure out what pickups to put in it though. The neck pickup is SUPER quiet sounding (like there's something wrong with it). I'm thinking about putting a set of black winters in it, but I don't have the money to really try out a bunch of pickups and don't want have to play mix and match until I find which ones sound good.
    Have you tried raising that neck pickup closer to the strings?

Leave a comment:

• Seezer
    replied

1 lol. A Gibson (not epiphone) flying V from the early 90's I think. I'm trying to figure out what pickups to put in it though. The neck pickup is SUPER quiet sounding (like there's something wrong with it). I'm thinking about putting a set of black winters in it, but I don't have the money to really try out a bunch of pickups and don't want have to play mix and match until I find which ones sound good.

Leave a comment:

• Lovegun
    replied

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
    So as I mentioned before I have 13 guitars . I want to bring it down to 1... Maybe 2 or 3 but it's really hard. Anyone have any advice for "letting go"? I have 2 Stratocasters and an SG I pretty much never play but they're super gorgeous and awesome guitars. Also got a handful of Jacksons I never play, but they're rare and I don't want to lose them. I think my main trouble is I don't want to sell them cause they're somewhat rare and hard to replace if I ever wanted them back.

One of the Stratocasters is one I bought brand new in 2007. It got stolen in 2009. Thought it was gone forever, till (2016 or 2017, can't remember.) when a friend of mine finally found it in a pawn shop, I showed the police the receipt , and got it back. Somehow, it is still in very nearly mint condition. So... It has some sentimental value but I NEVER play it. It needs to go but I can't.

I live in a small apartment and I have a kid now and there's just absolutely no space for all of these axes. Our entire closet is full of guitars. My Ibanez is my best playing one and since it's HSH it can kinda get every tone I need. It's the one I play all day every day but yet I still can't find a way to let go of my other 12.

Anyone else go through this kinda traumatic realization that they need to get rid of a bunch and have this mental block that makes it impossible ? How did you move past it ?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    I had to downsize my pedal collection of about 20 pedals a few years back. I was bummed that I had to sell them because I needed the money. After I sold them, I felt kind of dumb because why did I need so many pedals when I hardly used most of them.

Leave a comment:

• formula73
    replied

14. I was up to nearly 60 when I was an E6 in the Navy, married to another E6.

Nowadays, as a remarried civilian with a kid, most have moved on.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I was very fortunate in my career to have found some incredible deals on great guitars (and amps). Went through some rough times but came out of it mostly intact. I found a lovely woman who has been marvelously supportive of my career, enabling even.

I tend to buy specific items that I like, so at 67 guitars, I have a lot of duplicates. By the time I was 28 (circa 1978) I had pretty much defined the features I liked in my guitars. Joining a band in 1993 further changed and solidified that list.

I have always loved Fender guitars and have owned a Leo Fender-designed guitar my entire playing life. I love Strats, and now play G&L Legacys, Comanches, S-500 and Legacy Specials. A bunch of them; all set up to play and feel exactly the same.

And since 1973, I've owned Gibsons. I have 11 Les Pauls (too many!), but lately I've enjoyed using my 335s with my band.

I've also amassed a collection of Martin dreadnoughts. Better inventory than Guitar Center. Truth.

And there are some others from Ibanez, Taylor, Takamine acoustic 12-strings, vintage Music Man Sabres, DanElectro 12-strings...even a lone Fender Precision Lyte bass. And I love them all. I have a bond with all my guitars. And yes, storage is an issue, even in a house.

Because I KNOW what I like, I've resisted getting a baritone, 7- or 8-string, Jazz Box, Gretsch, Ric, small bodied acoustics, etc. I just wouldn't use them enough to justify the cost.

And I have bought with an eye towards investment, finding some great deals that will hopefully grow in value as the years go by.

One last thing. This is really my only vice. No hot car, no golf, skiing, fishing, hunting, art, wine, gambling, smoking, exotic vacations, or children going without shoes. No real retirement fund either, sad to say. Guitars are what I love.

They ARE my therapy.

Bill
    How much space does it take to house all that?
    Oh, and grats to acquiring it all.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X