NGD - Chapman Norseman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Chapman Norseman!

Super excited to introduce you to my "new" Chapman Norseman! Kind of an unexpected purchase, but this is one of the coolest, sexiest guitars I've ever gotten my hands on.

The finish is a gorgeous grayish-blonde to black burst over a solid 1/4" quilt Maple top. The color is almost exactly the same as featured on the Ibanez Jiva10 (Nita Strauss sig guitar), for those that are familiar.

I can't believe the build quality on this thing. It's nearly on par with PRS USA in terms of fit and finish (yes, I've owned core models to compare). Just beautiful!

One thing worth noting: the weight. This thing is SOLID and weighs in at a whopping 10.2 lbs! Surprisingly, it balances really well when standing and, man-oh-man, does the satin Mahogany neck feel great! Plus, it sustains for days.

Previous owner put in a Tone Zone/Air Norton combo. They seem a bit dark and uninspiring. A pair of Black Winters would wake this thing up, I'm sure!

QUESTION: What color pickups should I go with?
    Last edited by Masta' C; 10-28-2019, 12:23 AM.

Re: NGD - Chapman Norseman!

Man that is nice!

Congrats!!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd go with burnt chrome covers or chrome covers. if you really wanna swap pickups cause I like this look!

Chapmans offer major bang for the buck! really like 'm too.

Comment

I love all the reverse headstocks on the Chapman guitars. They seem like a lot of guitar for the money.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Cool guitar! We don't see that brand over here a lot. I'd go with the standard black Black Winters for sure.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I like the cream pickups, but my wife hates them, ha ha!

Was thinking black/creme zebra might look cool? The guitar would have had chrome covered pickups from the factory.

I might play with the Tone Zone a bit to see if I can get it to sound better, but, so far, it's not doing anything for me. Hot, overly thick and none too lively. Same with the Air Norton...pure "meh" upon first impression. I'm definitely used to more cut from both positions.

Comment

Mu suggestion is a Zebra TB-5 bridge / Zebra SH-PG1n set. Get push-pull pot for wiring them in series / parallel. It will do the heaviest of Metal to the cleanest of cleans, turning it into an extremely versatile axe.

I've that set in my PRS SE CU 24 Flametop, and it plays and sounds awesome for all the styles I play.

Congrats on the new axe, it looks awesome!
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Beauty! Creme seems to be working fine as is. Black wouldn’t detract from the vibe either.

Comment

Aged nickel covers would look sweet. Or the distressed Bare Knuckle style.
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the input and feedback!

I went ahead and ordered a pair of cream bobbin toppers. I'm gonna make my own set of zebra pickups out of a pair of black OEM DiMarzio/IBZ humbuckers I've been holding onto.

The Tone Zone/Air Norton combo is very full sounding, but I miss the spank, clarity and harmonic characteristics of my typical pickups (Black Winter, JB, Screamin' Demon, etc).

The DiMarzio/IBZ set is an underrated oddity that still has a very DiMarzio quality to the response, but should yield a little more crunch and bite compared to the sonic molasses that is the TZ/AN combo.

Comment

That’ll probably be a good move. Whenever I see a video of Rob demoing one of his guitars, the basic tone of the guitar always has a lot of attack and bite. It’ll probably suit it very well.

Comment

Aged white for me too.

Comment

For me, I'd go with black pickups, no logo. It already has enough flash going on with that top. Gorgeous guitar

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
                              For me, I'd go with black pickups, no logo. It already has enough flash going on with that top. Gorgeous guitar
                              That's what my wife suggested, ha ha!

And thanks! It really is a looker.

But, man, is this thing HEAVY! I forgot what 10+ lbs hanging around your neck feels like! Not selling it, though...just too dang cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X