banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolutely love Telecaster tones but can't stand the flat plank body. Alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Absolutely love Telecaster tones but can't stand the flat plank body. Alternative

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
    Wow!!! But you need a tortoise pickguard (old joke from Talkbass.com)
    Already got it for my Strat

Comment

Re: Absolutely love Telecaster tones but can't stand the flat plank body. Alternative

Originally posted by maup View Post
      What about this? Do you have any experience with Cort? It looks nice and it is like $400 in online shops.

They say it's designed in collaboration with Hugh Manson Guitar Works (R)

https://www.cortguitars.com/product/...ge=1#tab_Video
      Cort make the squier standard for Fender as well as Gretsch electromatics,

They are exceptionally well made guitars.

I have a Cort Hollowbody - it retailed more than a Gretsch electromatic or Epiphone broadway and it’s better than both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How about the Parker P-36. My Parker is the most ergonomic and comfortable guitar I have ever played. The necks are super fast and they are light as a feather.

Comment

Those Parkers are a lot block-ier than the first sculpted ones. They essentially have none of the sculpting of the original models.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Those Parkers are a lot block-ier than the first sculpted ones. They essentially have none of the sculpting of the original models.
            The front is flat like a Tele but the back still has the Parker cut.

Comment

OK, I'm back here with some good news. As I stated before I ordered the Ibanez TM302 Tri Fade Burst and I got it at home since a few weeks. I had no time to test it extensively but for now I can tell for sure that for €299+10(shipping) it is really and incredible guitar!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ibanez-tm302tfb-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	5817873

The build quality is excellent, I was at first a bit negatively biased because of the low price, but I was wrong. The guitar came as shiny brand new in the original box, with plastic foil on the pickguard and pickups, really flawless. And it was almost in tune, with strings that look and sound like new.

The neck feels great and very playable, actually it is more comfortable than the mexican Strat I have, maybe also because of the radius and anyway the neck is satin finished so no friction. The freboard is rosewood but instead of the Strat that feels "dry" and make friction, this one is a lot better in general, don't know exactly why, maybe it's the polishing or the finish, I'll have to investigate better on this and make a good comparison.

It has locking tuners, the bridge has solid saddles, the body feels really comfortable and overall I am really satisfied of it. I think is of the greatest value for the price!

The sound is very good too, although is a bit darker than a classic Tele, it sounds great. I have to work on some amp setup to take the best out of them.

Anyway I was since the beginning with the idea to change pickups to a noiseless Tele set, for now I'll keep it as it is, in the future we will see.

Thanks to all for all your great suggestions and great ideas.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Comment

Congrats. The Ibanez Talman is a great guitar. Way better neck and frets than anything from Fender, though the jazzmaster does look cooler. I had one back in the day.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Comment

OK, I'm back here with some good news. As I stated before I ordered the Ibanez TM302 Tri Fade Burst and I got it at home since a few weeks. I had no time to test it extensively but for now I can tell for sure that for €299+10(shipping) it is really and incredible guitar!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102596[/ATTACH]

The build quality is excellent, I was at first a bit negatively biased because of the low price, but I was wrong. The guitar came as shiny brand new in the original box, with plastic foil on the pickguard and pickups, really flawless. And it was almost in tune, with strings that look and sound like new.

The neck feels great and very playable, actually it is more comfortable than the mexican Strat I have, maybe also because of the radius and anyway the neck is satin finished so no friction. The freboard is rosewood but instead of the Strat that feels "dry" and make friction, this one is a lot better in general, don't know exactly why, maybe it's the polishing or the finish, I'll have to investigate better on this and make a good comparison.

It has locking tuners, the bridge has solid saddles, the body feels really comfortable and overall I am really satisfied of it. I think is of the greatest value for the price!

The sound is very good too, although is a bit darker than a classic Tele, it sounds great. I have to work on some amp setup to take the best out of them.

Anyway I was since the beginning with the idea to change pickups to a noiseless Tele set, for now I'll keep it as it is, in the future we will see.

Congrats!
                  Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102596[/ATTACH]

See I don't mind simple, derivative, but very original designs like that. I bet it plays great, too.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X