NGD- Custom ordered guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD- Custom ordered guitar

Aaand it's here. Nothing much to say except I haven't been able to put it down for long. Great feeling and great sounding guitar. Flawless fretwork, extremely clear and articulate pickups, thick yet cutting tone, perfect weight balance... yum

I just put KTS Titanium string locking blocks on it too. It does make some difference in sound, but at least I won't have to worry about the blocks giving way to heavy trem usage.

Finalized specs yielded pretty good results:

Body:Chambered Mahogany tone block with Ash wings
    Top: Quilted Maple
    Neck shaft: Hard rock maple
    Fingerboard wood: Pau ferro
    Fingerboard radius: 12"
    Neck profile: C
    Neck thickness at 1st Fret: 0.88
    Neck thickness at 12th fret: 0.96"
    Fret size: Jescar 57110 stainless
    Bridge: Gotoh 1996T
    Pickups: B/M/N: 16.4k A5, 6.37k A5, 7.5k A5

Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Re: NGD- Custom ordered guitar

Nice. Love the spalted pick guard.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

What does the switch between the knobs do?

I like how the top of the headstock looks like the Thundercats logo. :P
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        What does the switch between the knobs do?

I like how the top of the headstock looks like the Thundercats logo. :P
        It changes the middle position to N+B from the middle single coil when activated. Mostly for cleans.

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        Nice. Love the spalted pick guard.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
        Thanks!
        Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Congrats on a totally unique guitar. I like the way you think.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Wow man, it's beautiful. How did you come up with the design? Looks like a marriage between RG652 nebula green burst and FGN Odyssey. b

Comment

looks great! the guard looks nice with that color body. interesting headstock

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                Wow man, it's beautiful. How did you come up with the design? Looks like a marriage between RG652 nebula green burst and FGN Odyssey. b
                Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Congrats on a totally unique guitar. I like the way you think.
                I stole the idea of a maple topped guitar with a spalted maple pickguard from a limited run Suhr made a while back. Those came with burled maple tops and exotic neck/fingerboard woods, but I kinda envisioned "hmm what if I used more traditional superstrat combos, like quilted maple + rosewood that Ibanez does"

And thus I went to the luthier with that in mind.

Comment

BEAUTIFUL!
                  I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Comment

Having the pickguard level with the rest of the guitar body looks really cool too.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Well, I found out that the wiring was not done to my specs, and that the springs were scraping the back of the guitar cavity

Thankfully, the builders took it back and fixed everything free of charge.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice guitar man! B+N should handle those tele tonez!
                        Interesting what you say about the KTS locks.
                        How does it do in the sustain dept?

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                          Nice guitar man! B+N should handle those tele tonez!
                          Interesting what you say about the KTS locks.
                          How does it do in the sustain dept?
                          I don't feel like they added any sustain tbh, but they do add clarity and presence. Not the biting, ear-splitting presence, but more "cut", if I were to put it

Comment

Just realized the pickguard is recessed into the body...WOW! That's classy as hell!

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
                              Just realized the pickguard is recessed into the body...WOW! That's classy as hell!
                              Yeah, that's my favorite part of the whole build!

Comment

Working...
                              X