Repairing Willie Nelson's Martin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing Willie Nelson's Martin

Did a search and didn't find this amazing vid of Master Luthier Mark Erlewine doing his annual repairing of Willie Nelson's "Trigger"

I wonder if this guitar goes for millions one day.

Watching him work on it actually scared me a bit.

Last edited by NegativeEase; 11-07-2019, 02:13 PM.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Re: Repairing Willie Nelson's Martin

I saw this video a while back. Great watch.

Comment

Mark Erlewine is hardly "this luthier". He's been a respected repair guy since Christ was a corporal, and is Dan Erlewine's cousin. If memory serves me right he's developed a number of guitars for other companies, and is a respected builder to the stars. Mark is a Top Ten guitar guy in America, and is deserved of his respect and high standing in the guitar world.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
        Mark Erlewine is hardly "this luthier". He's been a respected repair guy since Christ was a corporal, and is Dan Erlewine's cousin. If memory serves me right he's developed a number of guitars for other companies, and is a respected builder to the stars. Mark is a Top Ten guitar guy in America, and is deserved of his respect and high standing in the guitar world.
        Clearly Mark Erlewine is a master luthier,.. of course. The setup was meant to be short for everyone, not just for luthiers. I was not being disrespectful but thanks for elaborating on your peer in the industry -I've added "Master" for you.
        Last edited by NegativeEase; 11-07-2019, 02:12 PM.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I took "this luthier" to mean, "this here luthier in this here video, see?"
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

...Hey ICTGooober,..... that voice... though.... I could listen to him talk about guitars all day.

Comment

He's like the Bob Ross of luthiers.
              Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                He's like the Bob Ross of luthiers.
                He needs to make a series of tapes with him talkin' guitars that guitarists can listen to while trying to get to sleep.

Comment

It's also important to note he was brought to Willie as he was hanpicked by Willie Himself to keep that guitar playing and just simply not falling apart. It's also kind of funny to see how willie loves that guitar so much he won't let the refret it, or patch the hole because he wan'ts that juju. They also said they found a martin of the same model abot 3-4 serial numbers off they modded to be exactly the same as trigger and presented it to him saying "Trigger won't stay together forever" and Willie took it set it down and never picked ut up again because trigger is basically half the show they put trigger out on stage first thing evefy one goes to take a picture of it. Just that video along with the fact that guitar is probably the most legendary acoustic ever made played by Willie himself just makes it that much more amazing.

Comment

Working...
                  X