• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Re: Fender ultra series. sighhhhhh

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    Not saying they are not nice guitars. They are just in a price range with a bunch of guitars that are a LOT better in materials and workmanship. Example with be this in stock Kiesel as it will kill them head to head!
    https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/140905
    Yeah, I'm not too familiar with Kiesel -other than noodling in a store. I've heard great things though.

But for professional musicians on a world tour to pick Fender's new Ultra offerings over their G&Ls should at least give people a feeling that Fender is on the right track.

It's not even a slight on G&L -it's a compliment on Fender's direction and attention to the super strat aftermarket and boutique super builders -by raising THEIR OWN game instead of suing like Gibson

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    Not saying they are not nice guitars. They are just in a price range with a bunch of guitars that are a LOT better in materials and workmanship. Example with be this in stock Kiesel as it will kill them head to head!
    https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/140905
    I'm a fan of Kiesel/Carvin, too, but I wouldn't go that far. The Ultras are going to be top-notch in every way and I can guarantee they will be supremely playable as far as "Strats" go.

It's just that they don't bring anything particularly "new" to the table to warrant Fender's marketing fanfare. You could build a Warmoth, pay a luthier to dial it all in and have an equivalent guitar with similar specs in your choice of finish for close to half the price.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

No Kiesel I've ever played can touch a Fender that is 1/2 that cost. But I've played equally expensive Music Mans, Valley Arts, Suhr, and Warmoths that were better than even CS-level Fenders.

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    replied

Example with be this in stock Kiesel as it will kill them head to head!
    And you KNOW this.... HOW?

Leave a comment:

• Ascension
    replied

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    I have a friend who right now uses Fender Ultras and G&Ls on tour.

She said the new Fender Ultras have supplanted the G&Ls as her numbers 1s -they are stunning.

Of course, thats a preference and opinion, but at least that gives you an idea of what Fender is accomplishing.
    The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I'm sticking with my G&Ls.

Bill
    I have a friend who right now uses Fender Ultras and G&Ls on tour.

She said the new Fender Ultras have supplanted the G&Ls as her numbers 1s -they are stunning.

Of course, thats a preference and opinion, but at least that gives you an idea of what Fender is accomplishing.

Leave a comment:

• Boogie Bill
    replied

I'm sticking with my G&Ls.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Ascension
    replied

Looked at a new Lincoln Brewster Stat a few weeks ago and though the same thing. Really cool guitar BUT the $ of $1900 street was nuts for the quality of the build. Drop a grand off the price cool guitar but in that price range would just buy another Kiesel that would stomp an absolute mudhole in that Fender in quality of build, offer better materials and more options at the same price!

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
    Give them about 4 years, and everyone will be snatching up the used ones....
    I wonder what innovations they will have on the new models in 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• nexion218
    replied

People usually give me the dirty looks when I confess that I couldn't be less interested in their "historicvintagestandardmodernultrarelic" Gibson or Fender. "Innovations" like these confirm that I have made the right choice not to care about these guitars. Some years ago it used to be a strictly Strat and LP aversion only, but sadly enough these sentiments are starting to seep into my thoughts whenever I think of any big name, once glorius brand, not just these two. At least they're sticking to their guns, so that should be kinda positive. If only it didn't mean that they're shamelessly ripping off their fans...
    Last edited by nexion218; 11-12-2019, 12:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied

More importantly . . . when will Warmoth offer an identical body/neck? :P

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    replied

Give them about 4 years, and everyone will be snatching up the used ones....

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Cool story.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

I do really like the colors.

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied

There's already a thread on this, but, yes, outside of some cool paint schemes, there's really nothing to see here...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X